• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feeding Tropheus

Andrew

Members
I know there's lots of articles online about this... but was curious about what folks here are feeding their Tropheus.

maddog10

Members
Mine get NLS pellets most of the time with some Veggie Flake maybe once every 2 weeks. I also take algae covered rocks and put them in the tank from time to time, they do not stay algae covered very long!

longstocking

Members
I can give mine pretty much anything Andrew. NLs, HBH, mysis, kens tropical food flake.... I just make sure nothing slimey gets thrown in ( in other words no black worms or BS) and the protein level stays pretty low. I don't like the color on my tropheus when I only feed NLS. Call me crazy ... I know a lot of people swear by it. But I fine a seafood lover type food brings out their colors more and are healthier. When they are babies you can feed them heavier protein and they typically do better that way.

Artee

Members
Sarah,

How often do you feed them mysis ?

have just been feeding, NLS and Dianichi veggie FX.

longstocking

Members
Once a week. I try and limit the amount too.... if we were to actually count the mysis :lol: 2 mysis per fish is what I aim for. So not a lot. It's a treat. But does help condition them.

Which tropheus aren't breeding? Illangi or did you sell them? Patience ! Mine just started to spawn on a regular basis.... 3 years later :lol: The rest of my groups have always spawned no problem... something about the stupid Illangi :lol: Or maybe I just have too many males.... but they are stubborn. Same goes for red rainbows. Some people gets tons of fry.... some very little. All tropheus are not the same !

Artee

Members
Got rid of the ilangis, currently have the bembas, moliro reds and duboisis, got these traded in for my mobas, will try the mysis on the moliros . thanks.