• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Everybody OK out there?

That was a he$$ of a storm last night. I was out beyond Poolesville and had quite an adventure getting home to Gaithersburg due to all the downed trees and powerlines blocking the roads. I almost had to take White's Ferry to Virginia and come back to MD via Point of Rocks. Whew, glad I didn't have to do that.

I didn't lose power, thank God. Everyone else (and their fish) OK?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I was home south of Frederick through the whole storm. Nothing but a bit of wind and some much needed rain. Power didn't even flicker.

F8LBITE

Members
Seemed like a tornado out near me. Power went out but then came back on. I was glad the Cobra was safe in the garage.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
My power went out at 3pm yesterday and has not returned. I bout more battery air pumps today to help the fish get through the night. With the water restrictions, water changes were not going to happen. So far I have only lost one angel and he wasn't doing well before.
Fortunately, I was smart enough to bring the contents of my freezer and fridge (the expensive stuff) to my parents house last night. That is where I am now and will likely be sleeping tonight if my power does not return this evening.

dlfn1

Members
all was ok over here near dulles airport. drove through rockville last night and there were many downed trees, stop lights out (people were actually treating it as a four way stop, imagine that!!) and a stretch of rockville pike, the stores were all closed due to no power. looked strange seeing r'ville pike so dark.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
My power went out at 3pm yesterday and has not returned. I bout more battery air pumps today to help the fish get through the night. With the water restrictions, water changes were not going to happen. So far I have only lost one angel and he wasn't doing well before.
Fortunately, I was smart enough to bring the contents of my freezer and fridge (the expensive stuff) to my parents house last night. That is where I am now and will likely be sleeping tonight if my power does not return this evening.

I hope your power gets back on soon and all your fish make it. Let me know if your notatus wants to come to my place for a sleepover.;)

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Good Luck Andrew. I lost power for 12hrs. I didn't lose it until several hours after the storm. I didn't lose any fish but thought for sure I would. BGE said no power until Tuesday but we got it back this morning.

I didnt lose power in Glen Burnie but was riding to Pa when the storm hit me. Wow. I was going 25 mph and couldnt see. The wind blew so hard one time I almost changed lanes!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
My power came back on at 10pm last night. So far it looks like no other fish were lost. I added prime to all of my tanks last night just in case their is a slight ammonia or nitrite spike before I can water change them again.

Glad to hear you're back in the light, Andrew. I thought of you when I went by the signal near your house last night and the poor cops were still out there directing traffic.

How did TFW fare?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
TFW lost power on Sunday for about a half hour. My fish all seem to have weathered the storm without incident. I am surprised as many tanks had no airation or filtration for the 31 hours I was without power.