• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Elephant Noses Find Mates By Electrical Signaling

Sonny Disposition

This article in The Scientists reports that female elephant nose fish find their mates by the electrical signals that the males emit. Researchers knew this group of fishes used electrical signals to find their prey, but this is the first indication that electrical signaling plays a role in mate choice. The authors speculate that since the females choose the males based on their electrical signaling, that this signaling may play a role in speciation.

http://www.the-scientist.com/blog/display/55246/

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Yea, I have to agree with you Sonny, my wife used electrical static cling to capture me. :wacko:

RM

kaj41354

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Nov 26 2008, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea, I have to agree with you Sonny, my wife used electrical static cling to capture me. :wacko:

RM[/b]

You're lucky Richard! Susie (my wife) used a taser...I think she still has it! :spanka: