• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dreams Can Come True.

Well before I tell you all this story, I want you to promise that you don't think I have escaped from a mental institution recently. :huh:

Okay, here we go. A couple years ago I read that a fishkeeper located in a very rural jungle area of Africa discovered that the African cichlids of Lake Malawi could communicate amongst themselves while sleeping.

It seems that they could deliver messages to each other similar to how we dream during a solid sleep.

Now you know this sounds a little wacky. So I had to read on to find out what kind of lunatic could publish such findings and still be allowed to associate with the rest of civilization.

The guy goes on to describe how hE started observing a couple of his pet aulonocara stuartgrantis who would always sleep very closely to each other. Using a blue moonlight, he could detect eye movement that he had never witnessed before.

The very next day he imported a underwater microphone... hoping to pickup any sounds when the unusual eye movement would occur. A few weeks later, after tuning the device and removing all other fish from the tank, he heard something that he couldn't believe. It sounded like garbled speech.

Not only human speech, but in the language of one of the local tribes whose village sits on the banks of Lake Malawi. So he recruited a tribesman from the village to help him decipher the mysterious sounds coming from his young Malawi peacocks.

It seems that the local native interpreter could pick up a converstation between the two fish.

He said it went something like this:

The first peacock said, "When I grow up I want to be the first fish in space. I already have friends that have become aquanauts discovering new depths in the lake. Outer space is the next frontier for all fish to explore."

The other peacock, expressing a stern and deliberate reaction to his best friend's nonsense said, "Let me get this straight, you want to be the first Lake Malawi fish to fly into outer space? Nonsense, never will happen."

Well the author couldn't believe his discovery. Fish communicating with each other using dreamtalk in a language of human beings. He started recording all of his findings. Spent months collecting data and knew the skeptics would want more proof than just recordings of unknown voices on a tape.

When suddenly he receives this fax. It was a headline written in the same language as the cichlids were communicating in. It was a headline followed by a photo...

FIRST LAKE MALAWI AULONOCARANAUT ORBITS THE MOON

33aBluNeon120305.jpg

I guess all dreams can come true if you believe. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mscichlid@Dec 5 2005, 05:19 PM
:lol: How long ago was it, Bobby? LMAO :lol:
Air control to Major Tom!
:D :D It took me two days to figure out what LMAO meant. That's a lotta laughing. :lol: I gotta tell my wife to laugh more instead of spending all that time at the Gold's Gym. :D