• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DIY stand for 20-longs

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
The stand looks AWESOME! Very nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Here's the new rack with two tanks....the 33 long will get added tomorrow, hopefully.

By the way, Bruce earned major Husband Points for helping me with this today.

image.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Beautiful! I love how clean it looks. The recessed lighting is a great idea too. How do you like the functionality of this rack compared to the old stand?

Have you added more 20s to the other rack?

chriscoli

Administrator
Thank you, yes very clean looking. It's important to us since we still occasionally use this part of the house to entertain....I have to make it presentable occasionally.

I like that these racks are about as efficient as I can get with them. The downside is that things are very tight over and around the tanks, but that was a planned sacrifice. I'm still on the fence about how to do the lighting so all tanks still have the same lighting setup that they had before I built new stands.

Yep, all 20 longs are on their rack. I'll post more pics later on.

chriscoli

Administrator
We've been doing holiday entertaining this weekend, so the house had to get cleaned up.....including the fishroom, since it's still a functional part of the house. Also, the kids like to see the fish(and the worms) so I end up with a bunch of kids and parents visiting the tanks. The plus side....I had a chance to take some fresh pics of the room with the new stands.

Here's the way things now look with the stand for the 20 longs on the left and the 4 ft tanks on the right. Essentially this is now the "hallway" from the garage to the stairs going up.

image.jpg

JasonC

Members
some of the cleanest air hose and power cable management I've seen in someones brag pics... well done!

chriscoli

Administrator
some of the cleanest air hose and power cable management I've seen in someones brag pics... well done!

Thank you! I'm striving for Cord and Cable Organizational Nirvana but have yet to achieve it on all of my tank racks. I tease my husband about being the household Safety Police, so I don't like to leave too much for him to pick on. :D

MarkK

CCA Members
The way those stands and tanks are floor to ceiling on a wood floor someplace other than a basement, could only happen when the WIFE is the fish keeper!

chriscoli

Administrator
The way those stands and tanks are floor to ceiling on a wood floor someplace other than a basement, could only happen when the WIFE is the fish keeper!

HA! Perhaps, but my Husband limited me to my current floor space sometime early last year....so of course, my first question was...can I build up? He said go for it. Challenge issued, challenge accepted!

Oh, and this IS the equivalent of our basement. The flooring is faux-wood vinyl tile directly on the concrete slab of our bottom floor.