• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Difference Between Gold Head And Gold Face Compressiceps?

Charlutz

Members
I'm almost certain you have muzi. That picture I linked to in that other post is muzi as well.

http://www.cichlids.net/images/fish/alcompgoldhead.jpg[/b]

The questions I have about it are because all the fish in this group have a wide range of appearance. If you look at Mike's pics in the photo forum, both threads, you can see the others from the group. No two look alike. :wacko: But some of them do look like fish from recognizable locales. My beta male is brown with a gold head and visible striping, while the alpha has much less evidence of striping and is shades of mustard gold throughout. I'm thankful for all the help. If I exhaust the resources of every knowledgable tanganyikan enthusiast I can, I'll know I've done my best.

longstocking

Members
I edited my above post with more info....

But... yes, that's the problem with comps. They vary in appearance even from the same local. That's kind of why I'm thinking Muzi. They have been imported in the last year and are failry easy to get.

Charlutz

Members
Resurrecting an old thread, but I snapped a picture of my other comp. He looks more typical of the rest of the group I bought them from, and also more typical of the big male I have. I started threads at cichlid-forum and cichlidae.com yesterday to see if I can find others like him.

IMG_7480.jpg