• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

"Custom Stands" Most desired size/combo?

hbgfish

Members
I want to make a rack / stand (double tank - top and bottom) for a club auction donation. What is the most preferred combo? 55g/55g, 55g/75g, 40g/40g, four 10's, 50 2.5's, 750g/500g ? The last 2 - forget about it, it won't happen! The next few days at work will be slow and I'll have some time to doodle. The rack / stand won't be for a month or three :lol: but it never hurts to plan. Rach and I want to do something that will help out club members and make it a lil' cash. Ideas?

chris_todd

Members
My two cents (which, in this economy probably means I owe you money): something with a 75g lower shelf, and a 55g footprint (48" x 13") upper shelf, because you could also do two 15g/20 high/30g side by side, or a row of 2.5g on end - lots of flexibility. And if you built one, I'd bid on it! :)

But I like the three foot as well - a pair of 40 breeders, or perhaps enough space for a 50 breeder on the bottom.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
My two cents (which, in this economy probably means I owe you money): something with a 75g lower shelf, and a 55g footprint (48" x 13") upper shelf, because you could also do two 15g/20 high/30g side by side, or a row of 2.5g on end - lots of flexibility. And if you built one, I'd bid on it! :)

^^^^ I like this. :)

davidhusker

Members
I agree, 55/75.
The 55 gal is 13" wide
The 75 gal is 18" wide
The 55 gal and 75 gal should be flush on the back. So in the front, the 75 gallon will not be covered completely. You should have about 5" of space to feed, almost like the tanks are a giant "step"

longstocking

Members
My fish room is pretty maxed out... but knowing how many people have 40's from when Ron was around... and knowing that some of the stands have been tossed...

I would say 40/40 breeder :)

Just my opinion.... on what I have noticed around the club.

bschuhart

Members
55 top/ 75 bottom tiered. or 75/75 but with 30 inches betwee shelves or 65/65 really tall stand with at least 32 inches between shelves.

maddog10

Members
My vote would be for the 55/75 combo. Lots of folks with 75's and you could put something else , other than the 55 on top if you wanted. Those stands you make are very nice, btw!!

You are da man!