• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cuban Cichlid

SteelFist

Members
Anyone ever own one of these or know someone who has? I'm interested in finding out a little more about them. Since they're so closely related to the Jaguar, I'm wondering if their behavior is similar.

maddog10

Members
Nandopsis tetracanthus (Cuban Cichlid)

Have not actually kept these fish myself, but I hear they are aggressive (more so than most Central Americans). However, there are exceptions to every rule, some may be peaceful or the aggressive ones may actually be the exception.

My experience with Central Americans as a whole is that they are mean. I have groups of Jags, Haits, Freddies, Bifas and Carpintis - they are all aggressive!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Dude, I never knew that there was a Cuban Fish? I did the research and looked him up and it is a very interesting fish.

Nevertheless, if I ever had one, I would call him Fidel Castro....;)

DeeCee

Members
HA! Now I had to go look it up too! I read the story on Cichlid Room companion by John Gerritson -- too funny!
Did you see that one?

I agree though, that fish seems to be a beast. Ultimate "Mr. Personality"

DC

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Donna, I have not read that story in particular, but as soon as I get back from NYC I will.

Thanx!