• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Completed Rack

Sonny Disposition

"Did you use a hosting site.
Use photobucket.com
Its free and you down load to there and then copy the link to here."

Until I get it figured out, here's a photo of the completed rack. Three tens on the top, the 55 long in the middle and twenty highs on the bottom. If anyone has questions on how to do it, let me know.

DeeCee

Members
Nice job, I like the looks of it Bob!

I have a question for you though - can you get close enough to the tanks up on top to do WC? I know i have
a hard time reaching tanks cuz it's hard for me to get my stool or ladder up close enough to them. Just wondering

DC

Sonny Disposition

The bottom of the top tanks are right at eye level for me, so they're perfect for keeping an eye on holding females or fry.

With a Python hose, water changes are no problem. So the top tanks are for fish that like my tap, or like my tap with calcium chloride or marine salt thrown in.

I keep the rain water tanks, which I maintain with buckets and kerosene syphons, at the lower level.

Nice job, I like the looks of it Bob!

I have a question for you though - can you get close enough to the tanks up on top to do WC? I know i have
a hard time reaching tanks cuz it's hard for me to get my stool or ladder up close enough to them. Just wondering

DC[/b]

Sonny Disposition

Hi Francine. I'm not sure what you mean by double sided. Here's a side view. Each of the rectangles is made up of interlocking two by fours. There's also space for a row of tanks behind the 55.

Yeah tell us about it. Is it double sided?

Fran[/b]

mscichlid

Founder
I meant that I saw a tank behind the 55 that doesn't seem to be acessible from the side of which the 55 sits.

Sonny Disposition

Thanks, Richard. I'm happy to explain how I did it, off list.

Does anyone else want to post a photo of their home made multiple tank rack, and explain a little about how they did it?

Great job Bob! I like the design.

I'm sure you're happy that you finally finished it.[/b]

Sonny Disposition

Oh, ok. Now I understand you. It's not accessible from the same side as the 55. The rack sits out from the wall, so I can walk behind it.

I meant that I saw a tank behind the 55 that doesn't seem to be acessible from the side of which the 55 sits.[/b]

DeeCee

Members
AHA! OK, now I understand alot more too! That's why I wasn't sure how to reach the top tanks to clean them, I didn't know you could access them from the other side as well. That makes sense (at least from a short fish-wench gotta-have-a-ladder aspect).

I like that kerosene siphon too. I've never seen that before, but it sure beats a mouthful of nasty water! Good Job!

DC

Sonny Disposition

Sure. That's the benefit of a forum like this and a club like this! We talk, trade notes, feed our obsession about fish, and learn things that help us.

I learned about the interlocking rectangle design from a rack from Ron's fish room!

AHA! OK, now I understand alot more too! That's why I wasn't sure how to reach the top tanks to clean them, I didn't know you could access them from the other side as well. That makes sense (at least from a short fish-wench gotta-have-a-ladder aspect).

I like that kerosene siphon too. I've never seen that before, but it sure beats a mouthful of nasty water! Good Job!

DC[/b]

marge618

CCA member
"Did you use a hosting site.
Use photobucket.com

Until I get it figured out, here's a photo of the completed rack. Three tens on the top, the 55 long in the middle and twenty highs on the bottom. If anyone has questions on how to do it, let me know.[/b]

This is a good looking setup! How deep is the completed rack? With tanks behind the others I can't see how you reach them all easily. You must have LOOONG arms!

Is this like an island in your fishroom ...that you can walk around three sides of...one 'small end' is against the wall?

(Well, now you know I don't build things...)

Sonny Disposition

Thanks, Marge. The rack is about 30 inches deep--deep enough to acommodate the 55, which is 12 3/4 inches deep, an aquaclear filter, and the ten gallons--each about 12 and 1/2 inches deep. And yes, the rack is a couple of feet or so out from the wall, so I can get behind it, and up on a ladder to reach into the ten gallons, if need be.

Here's a side view:

<div class='quotemain'>"Did you use a hosting site.
Use photobucket.com

Until I get it figured out, here's a photo of the completed rack. Three tens on the top, the 55 long in the middle and twenty highs on the bottom. If anyone has questions on how to do it, let me know.[/b]

This is a good looking setup! How deep is the completed rack? With tanks behind the others I can't see how you reach them all easily. You must have LOOONG arms!

Is this like an island in your fishroom ...that you can walk around three sides of...one 'small end' is against the wall?

(Well, now you know I don't build things...)
[/b][/quote]

longstocking

Members
I like the design ! Very nice... easy access and very fuctional.

Now to get Bill to look at this so he can make one eventually :lol:

Sonny Disposition

When it comes to rack building, we could all take lessons from Bill.

I like the design ! Very nice... easy access and very fuctional.

Now to get Bill to look at this so he can make one eventually :lol:[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Sonny, I really like your design!

Now as far as Bill's fish stands, I personally did get to see them when I went to pick up some Peacocks from Sarah a while back and I thought they were very nice. As you know, Sarah's tanks are so big and long, they'd make great bath tubs.

;)