• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cobalt and Brightwell Products

JLW

CCA Members
Hey folks,

We are doing another massive buy from BOTH Cobalt Aquatics and Brightwell. Orders are due by 29th of December. With the New Year holiday, I doubt that this will be in stock before the PVAS meeting, but you may pick up at the CCA meeting, GWAPA meeting, or just wait for the February PVAS meeting, or get it shipped. Remember, for dry stock, we can ship for only a couple of bucks -- even gravel.

To order:
Cobalt Products:
http://www.batfishaquatics.com/docs/Cobalt.XLS

Brightwell and Continuum Products:
http://www.batfishaquatics.com/docs/Brightwell.XLS

Download the appropriate XLS file and open it on your computer. You need to have Excel, OpenOffice Calc (the free version of Excel), or Google Docs, or something else that can open an excel document. But, come on, my phone will open them, so .. you have something that will, otherwise, you probably reset your computer by shaking it and control it with two knobs. :)

Put your quantities into the field marked quantity and save as Cobalt-Yourname.xls or Brightwell-Yourname.xls. Then, e-mail it to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com. I will send you an invoice to be paid by PayPal or credit card (you do not need a credit card).

Product Highlights
Cobalt Aquatic is one of the best makers of your standard aquarium fish foods. Their foods are unique, in that they are treated with a proprietary mixture of vitamins, minerals, and most importantly, probiotics. The probiotics contained in these foods help fish to better digest food, result in less waste, and may reduce nitrates in your aquarium.

Neo Therm heaters are, simply put, the best heaters on the market. There is no traditional thermostat to "stick" on and cook your fish. These use circuitry to accurately measure the water temperature, require no calibration, and are hands down superior to any heater on the market. They also have a slimmer profile, and are shatter proof. You can throw them across the room, or use them to whack Tony, and they'll still heat just fine (disclaimer: Batfish Aquatics accepts no responsibility for anything that happens to your fish after placing any object which has come into contact with Tony into your aquarium).

And, if you got gifted a new Aquarium for the holidays, the EXT Filter is my go to canister. This canister is different than any other canister on the market. The motor is not located inside of the filter, but instead is located either "in line" or inside the aquarium. This means that it can run in only a couple of inches of water. Better yet, when you disconnect the filter, it continues to run, uninterrupted. Your fish don't suffer from a period of no circulation while you clean the unit. That's cool, that's neat, but it's not my favourite feature. The can itself is stronger than others on the market, so it won't squash like other brands. And, best of all, it assembles in any position, without an O-Ring. If you've ever gotten your filter all cleaned, then struggled to figure out just how to position the head onto the can, fought to squash the O-Ring down, put it on the tank, and enjoyed that slow trickle that means you've gotta start all over ... you know what I'm talking about ... that's a thing of the past. These assemble instantly, with no struggle, and won't leak.

There are a lot of other really cool Cobalt products on the list, too.

Brightwell Aquatics
By popular demand, we are continuing to carry some of the excellent products from Brightwell. Topping the list is their unique gravel, a Japanese Volcanic substrate that is milled into a gravel. This unique substrate is the substrate of choice for plants and shrimp aquariums. It is available in brown and black, and a number of different grain sizes.

All Brightwell chemicals are made with food grade or better components, meaning the products are purer, more free of contamination, and just plain better for your aquarium.

The various Filtration media are some of my favourite Brightwell products. These products are unique in their regeneration methods. You've probably had to bleach Purigen, and worry about getting bleach back in the aquarium when you're done. No more. Products like the Nitrat-R are regenerable with plain old salt!

The Continuum Scrapers are the new standard for cleaning your aquarium. Strong, single molded plastic will not simply fall apart and break like... certain knock-offs. Available in lengths from 6-36", these come with either an acrylic safe "razor" blade or a stainless steel one for glass. Watch even your most stubborn algae scrape away in seconds. With the AquaMop, you can quickly remove algae from larger surfaces.

Jt731

Members
Not opening in safari, cobalt is working fine. Both on phone and iPad. See attachment. I'll pull out my work laptop and see

image.jpg

JLW

CCA Members
Strange. I think it's likely a compatibility issue with your iPhone -- I don't have any Crapple products, so I can't test it myself. However, I think I can resolve your issue.

Open your iPhone.
Throw it out the window.
Get an Android.
Open document normally.

Becca

Members
Both worked fine for me at home and work.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JLW

CCA Members
I checked, and they're both using the same encoding / version information ... if one opens, the other should, too....

JLW

CCA Members
Hmmm -- I'm using Open Office, and it said they're both the same, or at least as far as I know how to check. I'll see about resaving them on my laptop, which has actual Excel on it, and seeing if that fixes it. It'll be this afternoon, though.

Jt731

Members
Yep! Any chance you can get the brightwell planted substrate in the medium size?

(The -m versus -f or -xf)

JLW

CCA Members
The M has been discontinued by Brightwell. They only have the 1mm and 3mm sizes now.