• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cleaning A Old Aquarium

pnlkman

Members
I just picked up a 55 gallon aquarium that had been used for saltwater. The inside of the glass looks white when I put water in it you cannot see it but when drained it comes back. What can I do to get rid of this I want it for freshwater.

Thanks
Paul

ddavila06

Members
did you tried a rasorblade?? i use that for mine. the white stuff is calcium build up probably, whatever you use, don't add chemicals as they leave residue and are not safe for fish...good luck

Damian

pnlkman

Members
I have not tried one yet. Just thought it was strange that it would disapear when water was in the tank. It is not crusty.

tash

Members
could be lime. lime does that dissapearing trick. with either calcium or lime you could try viniger to clean it. technically a chemical cleaning process. but shouldn't bother the fish after it is rinsed.

Sonny Disposition

Sounds like a mineral deposit. If you can get it, fill it with rain water or RO water. Let it soak overnight. Try washing it down with white vinegar. That will help, too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pnlkman @ Oct 3 2008, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just picked up a 55 gallon aquarium that had been used for saltwater. The inside of the glass looks white when I put water in it you cannot see it but when drained it comes back. What can I do to get rid of this I want it for freshwater.

Thanks
Paul[/b]