• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Christmas Party Info

DeeCee

Members
Hey Everyone!

We had a great turn-out at Saturday's club meeting - a big thanks to Joe Szelesi of Enchanted Discus for his presentation, and to Ron & Sarah for making the Chicago Box Exchange such a success!

For those of you that missed it, we talked a bit about this year's Christmas Party--
This year, we're having a MEXICAN THEME for the party, so grab your sombreros & join in!

The party will be held on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17TH at Ron Nielson's house, 2-5 pm
His address is: 1321 AVA RD, SEVERN, MD 21144

PLEASE BRING A DISH TO PASS -- It doesn't HAVE to be Mexican, although it would be nice to keep with the theme B)

ALSO: Anyone interested, please bring a WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT - the cost should be between $10-$20; everyone who brings one will get to exchange with someone else! Fish-related items are appreciated, but not mandatory.

Please post here to let me know if you're able to attend, so we know how many people to expect, and what dish you can bring. I'll go ahead & post the list of the responses from the club meeting so we don't have too many duplicates.

Please mark your calenders & join us for a Felize Navidad Party!
(now that song will be spinning though my head all day :huh: )

DeeCee

DeeCee

Members
OK, here's the list of people coming so far, and what food they've agreed to bring:

Joe & Penny: Mexican finger food
Frank Cowherd: Taco chips & dip
Mike Moore: (not sure yet-yucca?)
Luke C & Katie H: Appetizer-black bean dip & chips
Andy Watson: tacos
Brent Shaw (not sure yet-beer?)
Sara & Bill: fresh guacamole & chips
Cristy Kessler: (not sure yet)
Michael C: taco salad
Francine: Pico de gallo/beer/tortilla chips
Pat & Tracey: hot wings
John & Michelle (not sure yet)

Please PM me if more info is needed - let's have a good time & some fun before the holidays!

DeeCee

DeeCee

Members
Cool - I certainly have some fish I can bring to auction off! Great idea, Ron -- thanks !!
Francine -- I need smilies doing a Mexican Hatdance! LOL

Dang.....party's coming up soon... I need to go shopping I guess..... :eek:

DC

DeeCee

Members
Sounds like a good time!

Remember, all, that we'll also have a mini-auction and white elephant gifts. Sombreros optional........

DC

DeeCee

Members
Alright! Salmon sounds Mexican........ to me......... heee heee! Archie said he's bringing some Soda, so we should have a pretty darn good time!

Don't forget about the party!

It starts tomorrow at 2pm & ends at 5 pm (or whenever.......)

If anybody gets lost, you can call me on my cell: 630 768 1420 , and I can get you even MORE lost.

(right Archie?) :ph34r:

DC

marya

Members
I just pulled the empanadas out of the oven! I hope they taste good, they smell awesome. :wub: I made a couple extras for testing.

In any case, Chad and I will be there tomorrow, albeit briefly. We have to go to a babyshower for a friend in Silver Spring. We thought the shower was on sunday, but just found out it's tomorrow. Oh well, I'll be able to pop in and wish u all a happy season anyway. :rolleyes: You'll know if the emapanadas don't taste good because then I'll have to stop at the store on the way and pick up a substitution. :lol:

marya

Members
I'll probably be there from 2 to around 2:45. The shower we have to go to is all the way out in Clarksburg. If you think you might not make it in time, would you want me to bring the rams to the January meeting?

EDIT: ...or I can just leave them there for you tomorrow, either way.