• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Catfish Convention Photos

Sonny Disposition

Hi Frank. I remember your Texas cichlid. That was a really nice fish and I'm glad to see he got some recognition.

I think, though, that it's not a true Texas cichlid (Herichthys cyanoguttatum http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/cichlid/texas.php), but is a Herichthys carpinte (a pearlscale cichlid http://www.aquamojo.com/escondido/escondido.html) which has a little more southerly range, and which is often marketed as a Texas cichlid.

They look very similar, except the pearlscale has bigger spots than the Texas cichlid.

Do you have a breeding population of these?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frank Cowherd @ Oct 20 2008, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got a second place with a Texas cichlid in large new world cichlids. and a second place with a petricola after Marge's fish and no prize but a nice picture of my cory axelrodi is the first picture in Mike Hills pictures above.

Frank[/b]

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Marge, I agree. Staying at the hotel is the best.

If I have been allowed to get the room I wanted, I too would have stayed.

Got hard driving home after 18 hours there

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Here are some of the pics I took on Saturday at the Convention. Please pardon the quality of the pix, ok.

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

There ya go...that's all I have and I wish I would have taken more.

Richard

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Richard - good pictures!

You got my AER starting to color up...I dropped him in the tank the AM of judging...and he only started to settle down and color up - of course - after judging was over...

Also some great pics of my Bi-Color male. Not sure why he didn't place, other than that there were a lot of nice fish in the class. I have a few more of his babies (now 1.5" or so), if anyone's interested...

Matt

Sonny Disposition

Nice fish. Whose Red Empress is that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Oct 21 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here are some of the pics I took on Saturday at the Convention. Please pardon the quality of the pix, ok.

There ya go...that's all I have and I wish I would have taken more.

Richard[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Oh...it just belongs to little o me;)

Sonny, what happened to your prediction on the Catfish you entered? Did it place? I could of sworn that you promised victory over your mystery Catfish. I must admit he sure was a beauty and very unique. To bad I forgot to take a picture of him. Maybe next year Bob!

Richard

Sonny Disposition

Well, the ways of the judges are mysterious and we can't hope to fathom their decisions. The best we can do, under the circumstances, is to be a good sport, and move on, whether we agree or not, and not acknowledge that we ever made any predictions.

You're right, though, even though he was a second place fish, he's still really cool.

Better luck next year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Oct 22 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh...it just belongs to little o me;)

Sonny, what happened to your prediction on the Catfish you entered? Did it place? I could of sworn that you promised victory over your mystery Catfish. I must admit he sure was a beauty and very unique. To bad I forgot to take a picture of him. Maybe next year Bob!

Richard[/b]