• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BTW; 120-200g tank

secuono

Members
Ugh, this seller is stringing me along for nearly 3 weeks now! So, I'm hunting for a 120 up to a 200g tank & stand. Needs to hold water. Extras I'm not interested unless they are included or free.
I need delivery, no truck, won't rent a truck, it's not cheap, idk where people get that it is. I want this tank asap, no waiting forever, I'm sick of it.
email me, no PMs, I don't check that often. secuono@yahoo.com

secuono

Members
I won't be even looking at ads with "no delivery". I can't and won't rent a truck, just not gonna happen.
The rain is putting a hold on a tank I recently found. :/

Cartel

Members
But it really is cheap to rent a truck...not judging but if you have the coin to spend on a big tank like that then whats 30 more bucks? Just saying. Good luck with your hunt!

secuono

Members
There are only Petco and Petsmart 'near' me. Superpetz is mia still, I think. Cozyclownfish has nothing, there is a tiny 5g metaframe...for $100!! Crazy people...Store in Stafford, never seen any tanks for sale. So no place. I'd be driving by myself to an unknown area, far far away to meet some unknown person and the both of us carry all that heavy stuff? I don't see it happening. Also, several kinds of tanks will not fit side by side with their stand and sump and what have you.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Strange attitude!
There's plenty of LFS in your area that sell tanks.
INDEED. THEN THE CANT RENT AND WONT RENT IS JUST ...STRANGE AS WELL. IT BOILS DOWN TO HOW BADLY YOU WANT IT. SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA GET UP GET OUT AND DO IT YOURSELF EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO MAKE SOME SACRIFICES AND DO SOME LIFTING. FOR DELIVERY THERE IS NORMALLY A NICE FEE. ;)

rich_one

Members
Secuono, I understand where your coming from, but honestly... your asking for a miracle. You want someone to sell you a large tank setup, and you appear to want it pretty cheap. I could be wrong on that, but that seems to be the case. In addition to selling it to you cheap, you want them to also deliver it to you, for free, or included in the cheap price. Now... hey... maybe you get lucky, man. I've been in this hobby for a long, long time, and it happens. People get lucky. You just MIGHT find that right person, who lives 2 blocks away from, has a truck, and just wants the tank out of the house. In that regard, good luck. But if anyone has what you are looking for, that lives any reasonable distance from your house, why would they give you a great deal, then eat the gas AND perform the labor, of getting this deal to you?

In this hobby, most sellers already make a sacrifice. It is RARE that you make back any money that you put into your tanks, when selling fish or equipment in this hobby. In fact, more times than not, you lose money. So when sellers offering deals and taking the losses for whatever reasons they have to or choose to take those losses, it only makes sense that a buyer also has some sacrifice involved... usually, if you want the deal, you gotta come get the tank. It's a fair expectation. And if that means you have to rent a truck for a few hours and make the trip, so be it. Chances are, your still saving hundreds of dollars over buying all of that stuff new. You might get lucky and find a seller that will help you load the stuff into the truck. Because sometimes, you don't even get that!

Anyway... sorry for the rant. Again, I'm not trying to get on you or anything like that. I do understand the frustration and all. But you are asking for a lot, and it probably at least has some effect on why you are having such a tough time getting what your looking for... not saying it's the only reason. Like someone mentioned above... add an extra $30 to $50 bucks in your budget, even if you have to wait a few more weeks, and rent the pickup, and take the trip. You'll get the tank you want, and you'll get a lot less frustration.

At any rate... I hope you don't mind the advice and food for thought you've been given here. Either way, good luck with your search. You certainly can get lucky and get everything your asking for... I've seen it all in this hobby.

Take care.

-Rich

P.S., regarding your comment of driving to some unknown place, and some unkown person helping you load up or not... two things. 1) I would be nearly every person on this forum has done that. In today's age of fish forums and craigslist... its a part of the hobby almost, when you want something. 2) If someone does decide to deliver a tank to you, and you have never met them... won't THEY be coming to some unknown place, meeting some unknown person, who they are expecting to lift heavy stuff??? The only way to remove the unknown from these situations most times, is to buy the stuff from the store... where you'll be paying probably 10 times more.

Okay... NOW rant is done. Sorry, and good luck!

verbal

CCA Members
If you aren't willing to go through the "hassles" of buying big used tank, why not just go to your nearest petco and pick-up 3 40 breeder and build yourself a stand out of 2x4s.

If you want really easy use cinder blocks and 2x4s.

Other than getting rid of extra males, the species of mbunas you have should work in 40 breeder tanks.

longstocking

Members
lol that is too funny... I get fish sales here all the time. I refuse to be alone. A lot of you know that... and I have known you for years... but still, not safe for fish chicks ;)

Secuono, I understand where your coming from, but honestly... your asking for a miracle. You want someone to sell you a large tank setup, and you appear to want it pretty cheap. I could be wrong on that, but that seems to be the case. In addition to selling it to you cheap, you want them to also deliver it to you, for free, or included in the cheap price. Now... hey... maybe you get lucky, man. I've been in this hobby for a long, long time, and it happens. People get lucky. You just MIGHT find that right person, who lives 2 blocks away from, has a truck, and just wants the tank out of the house. In that regard, good luck. But if anyone has what you are looking for, that lives any reasonable distance from your house, why would they give you a great deal, then eat the gas AND perform the labor, of getting this deal to you?

In this hobby, most sellers already make a sacrifice. It is RARE that you make back any money that you put into your tanks, when selling fish or equipment in this hobby. In fact, more times than not, you lose money. So when sellers offering deals and taking the losses for whatever reasons they have to or choose to take those losses, it only makes sense that a buyer also has some sacrifice involved... usually, if you want the deal, you gotta come get the tank. It's a fair expectation. And if that means you have to rent a truck for a few hours and make the trip, so be it. Chances are, your still saving hundreds of dollars over buying all of that stuff new. You might get lucky and find a seller that will help you load the stuff into the truck. Because sometimes, you don't even get that!

Anyway... sorry for the rant. Again, I'm not trying to get on you or anything like that. I do understand the frustration and all. But you are asking for a lot, and it probably at least has some effect on why you are having such a tough time getting what your looking for... not saying it's the only reason. Like someone mentioned above... add an extra $30 to $50 bucks in your budget, even if you have to wait a few more weeks, and rent the pickup, and take the trip. You'll get the tank you want, and you'll get a lot less frustration.

At any rate... I hope you don't mind the advice and food for thought you've been given here. Either way, good luck with your search. You certainly can get lucky and get everything your asking for... I've seen it all in this hobby.

Take care.

-Rich

P.S., regarding your comment of driving to some unknown place, and some unkown person helping you load up or not... two things. 1) I would be nearly every person on this forum has done that. In today's age of fish forums and craigslist... its a part of the hobby almost, when you want something. 2) If someone does decide to deliver a tank to you, and you have never met them... won't THEY be coming to some unknown place, meeting some unknown person, who they are expecting to lift heavy stuff??? The only way to remove the unknown from these situations most times, is to buy the stuff from the store... where you'll be paying probably 10 times more.

Okay... NOW rant is done. Sorry, and good luck!

+1 ....and unfortunately for you, you are farther out so finding another person right near you is unlikely to happen. The other thing you have to consider in all this is that the person selling the tank (if ever burned by CraigsList before) is thinking, "I am going to go through all this work of getting it into my vehicle(which you arent there to help with) get it to your house and 1. You arent real or home and 2. You want to try to bargain me down even further from the price we agreed on 3. you decide you dont want it and I have to take it back home, get it back out of my truck (which again you arent here for) and get it put back where it belongs and every time you move that tank is just another opportunity to damage it. If I was the seller I probably would have stopped communicating with you altogether

Sorry dude, but not going to bake you a cake, ice it for you price wise, save you gas money and then risk you saying you dont like chocolate icing.

secuono

Members
I was willing to pay $500 for a 150g with stand delivered[person lived fairly close], if that is cheap, then what a crazy world we live in.

I am willing to pay half before I get the tank. I'm not going to change my mind and loose my money.

The only reason I need a stand is because it's such a large tank. I've made diy stands before, but never for a tank larger than a 55. It gets too dangerous and that is far too much water all over the floor. And in this house, to have any water on the floor is just really pushing the house right over into the river. Our house needs work, the cellar needs to be sealed and a 24/7 fan/vent needs to be added. Floors need to be sealed, too. Maybe after all that I would up the diy stands to a 90g, but never any more.
I can make a hutch for my 10lbs rabbits to bounce around in, keep foxes out and even some snow on the roof. But to make a stand to hold up my car...then I would NEVER change the oil myself again.

Getting 40s is a downgrade, I don't want more tanks, more heaters, more filters, more sand, more rocks, more lights, more space taken up, more stress. I want an upgrade, I'll be moving up several fish so they have more space.

Thanks fish ladies for backing me but a bit.

I'm not going to fight with the rest of you. Delivery, tank and stand[125 up to 180g, a 150 tall would be wonderful], no other things needed. I'm willing to pay half to secure the tank, rest cash at delivery. No outrageous prices, it's USED, it needs a used price tag. I am not one of those suckers that will buy a 50g with some stuff for $200, c'mon!

Heck, at this point, if I had a friend with a truck, I would buy a new 150g tall and get over it. But no friends w/a truck, no one w/spare time to help me. Not going to trust a total stranger with that much $ and a sensitive glass box.