• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brine Shrimp Hatching

mscichlid

Founder
.....I buy it by the pound. After I open the can, I now put the eggs in separate smaller containers like empty fish food cans or jars to keep the eggs fresh. I then store all the bottles/jars in the fridge....

mscichlid

Founder
.....goes into the hatcher...then the top goes on. The 60 watt bulb is 3 inches from the hatcher. The light stays on for 24 hours. The next day the eggs have hatched.

mscichlid

Founder
.....Once the eggs are hatched, turn off air, crimp the hose and disconnect. Then let it drain into the same container that you used to fill the hatcher. I have to use 3 nets to keep from loosing the bbs.

mscichlid

Founder
.....Once the net starts to overflow, crimp the air line and raise it higher than the bottle. Crimp it again and reattach it to the air and turn it back on. Pour the brine back into the container and return the lid. Rinse the eggs under a slow stream of tap, drain and feed your fish. Sometimes I put the rinsed bbs into a cup with a dash of water and siphon it into an airline connected to a syringe and inject the bbs into the swarm of fry.