• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Breeding Polits

tgrogan

Members
I just discovered that one of my new female polits is holding. Is there anything I should be aware of, like any kind of special care, in order to bring this new brood to maturity?

Steve

Members
Hi Terry,

"Special care" ?? These are mbuna! They don't need no stinkin' special care. (Ahhh, hold on. You *do* have water in the tank, right?) Mine breed in a 135-gal. community tank, and I generally let them stay right there.

Of course, if you're looking to maximize the number of fry that survive, you might want to remove the female, but I wouldn't consider that special care.

On the other hand, I think you should tell your wife that this is a very critical and stressful time for YOU, and that you need to be relieved of as many household duties as possible so that you can observe and make sure that "nothing goes wrong." (Be sure to have one of your boys running the videotape when you say this, because you'll have a good chance of making money later on "America's Funniest Home Videos.")

Cheers,
Steve

Hey, any way you could post a pic of those Polits? I have some Juvies, and I am interested in seing what the adults look like.