• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Beyond Strange

animicrazy

Members
This was a normal day: chaos reigned. The Great Tank Migration took another planned step forward which meant that lots of stuff got moved - fish, tanks, equipment, etc.

After consolidating a 38 cube's inhabitants into a 75 with their former tank mates and dismantling a recliner that was in my way I handed Amanda a 2.5g bucket to empty or relocate. It had an inch of water and a sponge filter soaking. I then was asked: "why are you keeping a dead fish in here". I was not - I generally leave my dead fish on top of the tank they came from as a warning to the inhabitants of what might happen to them if they do not follow the program.

Upon further review: the fish was alive!! Then - the Mystery.

This fish ( 3.5 inch Geo. of some type) jumped out of my 65 - 5 feet+ high - and managed to hit the bucket; the only place nearby that it was likely to be able to live. The other options were the floor (not good - dogs), a 75 with 15 large wild Discus, or a 75 with my African medley.

I/we seldom name fish - that honor is bestowed only after surviving some disaster that I am known for (fish are a process).

The gymnastic Geo is now named: "Tiche" - for the Greek Goddess of luck.

Paul.

marge618

CCA member
The gymnastic Geo is now named: "Tiche" - for the Greek Goddess of luck.

Great name for such a talented fish. Now, if you can get Tiche to do the trick one more time for the camera you might be able to start a "Most Talented" or "Wet Pet with no Net" thread. Everyone could add .............a story about pet names.