• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Better Late Than Never

Theresa_M

Members
I actually joined CCA early in Feb so here's my belated intro...

I've enjoyed fish for as long as I can remember; growing up my dad had a 55g built into one of our basement walls. I think I was around 14 when I got my first betta.

I'm originally from Michigan. I met my husband (second) online almost 6 years ago...he's from Ontario so I moved there, we were married in Jamaica, and then we moved here in 2002. For Xmas the following year my husband surprised me with a 29g kit and I've been an addict ever since.

I currently have 10 tanks running, 2.5g up to 75g. After keeping different types of fish my main interest is in Tangs, specifically shellies. Unfortunately we live in a 3rd floor apartment with wood floors so I'm pretty much at my limit for tanks.

I have 5 children from my first marriage, my husband has 4. They visit for school holidays and mine spend most of the summer here. My girls have a 10g guppy tank in their room at home, and my oldest son keeps a 2.5g betta tank and a new 20g community setup. Their father has no interest in the fish so all the care is entirely up to them. Third generation fish-keepers, I'm quite proud of that :D

Besides CCA I recently joined the ACA and I've been a member & moderator at FishProfiles.com for 2 years now. Looking forward to the meeting this Sat which will be my first.

And here is a recent photo of me with my kids....doesn't everyone have a Goldfish chair? ;)

feb242006016large.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
No, I do not have that chair. I saw this picture on some other forum lately or at least the chair.
An hour later my wife asked what I was doing and at that point, I was still searching online for
one of those chairs. No luck. I forgot about it. Now I see it again and will have to start
searching again. GRRR, must have chair.....lol :lol:

Looking forward to meeting you Saturday

Theresa_M

Members
It's ummmm one of the benefits of working at a grocery store and knowing the Pepperidge Farm distributor :p

C

Chuck & Veronica

Wow, nine kids! :wacko: Veronica and I sometimes go crazy when we have all three of ours under one roof! ^_^

Congrats on getting your kids into the hobby. I'm still trying with ours. My 11-year old daughter has a guppy tank in her room, but I'm not sure if she's that much into it. Mostly it's there because it gives me a reason to have another tank set up. :)

And our two boys prefer mice and lizards to fish. But I still drag one or more of them to fish club meetings. I'm sure when they have kids they'll be complaining about their old man and his obsession with fish. :p

Chuck

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
There is a guy named Ray Lucas. He is a rep for aquarium product companys. One of his things that everyone remembers him
for is goldfish crackers. Always has them at shows. Figured if I found one cheap on the internet, I would buy it for him as a joke. No biggie.
Pat

Steve

Members
Hi Theresa,

My parents (well, my mother) introduced me to the hobby, too . . . although she had no idea what could happen when interests turned from guppies and danios to cichlids!

Pat, c'mon, now. You've shown us already that you're a craftsman. I think you should make Ray a chair the old fashioned way . . . and I know just the guy to supply the goldfish for building the chair . . . .

Cheers,
Steve (who, due to soccer and Cub Scouts, might not make it on Saturday)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Steve, I tried making it out of Goldfish crackers.
Got up to the bottom of the seat and then crushed them.
Will not hold my weight.
Man I spent a lot on those little packages of crackers too. :(

The crumbs really made a mess also.

Originally posted by Pat Kelly@Apr 17 2006, 04:07 PM
Steve, I tried making it out of Goldfish crackers.
Got up to the bottom of the seat and then crushed them.
Will not hold my weight.
Man I spent a lot on those little packages of crackers too. :(
:eek: ....Somehow I think he might be serious. :wacko:

Steve

Members
Pat, Pat, Pat . . .

Remember what I told you about goldfish, particularly nibbling the goldfish? "Makes 'em weaker," I said, "Less structurally sound."

No, no, KOI is the way to go. You just interlock all those scales and . . . .

:)
Steve

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Hello! Sorry I missed meeting you at the April meeting. I arrived too late to do much. :) Your family looks like they know how to have fun together. My own kids are grown (in their twenties). Neither of them attends Cichlid meetings. My son has a 75 gallon tank - of central American cichlids. My daughter just returned from 3 years in the Peace Corps. She was in Micronesia and got her scuba certification while she was there. She sent me an underwater picture of her in scuba gear surrounded by fish.

Hope to meet you at the May meeting. Marge618