• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Are you looking for an FX5?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I just picked up two on ebay for $436 including shipping. The seller has a bunch up for auction. He is asking 189.99 plus 29.00 for shipping. I bid on three and had no competition on two of the three. So far that is the best price I have found anywhere.

Jumbie

Members
Man $189.99 is a great price for an FX5 hope someone grabs that steel, can't wait to set up mine.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Received UPS notification that they were shipped within 40 minutes of receiving my payment. That's good service!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
$140 is even better, but $218 shipped isn't bad. Okay, so $199 shipped is great too, but like you (YSS) said, that was two years ago.

Cartel

Members
Kinda off topic but I got to see the Fluval G6 this yesterday. I knew they were coming out just didnt know they were out already. It def looks sweet! Just not the price tag...

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The G3 and G6 are out and have been so for about a month and a half now. They have a large supply at Today's pet in Frederick. TFW has a G3 running on our plant tank and is offering a 20% discount on pre-orders of the G3 and G6.

The filters have many pros but also many cons. The pros are mentioned in the ads. Cons include low flow rate, inability to modify filtering material and of course, cost. The FX5 has a much higher flow rate, is easy to modify filter materials and is a lot less money than the G series.

dogofwar

CCA Members
But Andrew, it has a computer on it ;) It has to be better!

Matt
(the guy who adds an extra sponge and box filter to heavily stocked tanks)

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I do know the G series has a port on the back to be hooked up to some other electronic device (maybe computer) in the future. I assume it is for downloadable upgrades to the computer monitoring system, should there be any. At the very least it should be able to monitor the amount of beer left in the fridge and warn you before you run out.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I just measured the available space in my stand, and I have 19" of depth and 24" height clear. It would seem that this is enough space based on the information I have found on the web, but does anyone have real life application of the space requirements for an FX5?