• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMoJo in Lancaster!

kaj41354

Members
Tuesday June 16th at ACLC

icon_mojo.jpg
Morrell Devlin and his family live in the town of Dallas in Northeastern Pennsylvania. He and his wife have a true love of animals. They currently own six dogs, five cats and two horses. An avid cichlid enthusiast, Mo currently maintains close to 19,000 liters (five thousand gallons) of fresh water tanks, including a 6,000 liters (1,600 gallon) indoor pond. Over his thirty years in the hobby he has successfully bred many of the Central and South American cichlid fishes. He makes an annual excursion to collect cichlids in Central and South America. His passion for cichlids is well complemented by his love of photography. With a photographic background that started in 1973, he has made the logical step toward digital photography. The images he provides are fish that he is currently or has kept in his home tanks. Morrell is on the Board of Trustees and the Publicity Chairman and for the American Cichlid Association. He maintains his own website, http://www.aquamojo.com

kaj41354

Members
Just got this message from Mo----

My visit in June

I have three types of fry available right now.

Parachromis managuense F1 (very nice variant from Honduras)

Here's the male and female:

Male

Female

Synspilum:
Male and female parents

All fish are F1. If anyone wants fry, please e-mail me at mojo@epix.net and I will bring them along.

Mo

Red Tiger motaguense SP

Lively

Members
I'm in love with his Electric Blue Jack Dempsey - it was actually the picture of his fish that made me want them. I found out that mine are probably of the same parents as his...

These guys are spectacular! Probably a good thing I don't have tank space right now...

F8LBITE

Members
Im a big fan of his pics. Too bad its on a Tuesday otherwise Id probably go to the talk. Thanks Kurt.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Excellent pictures Mo! I think Mo was here a few years ago doing a presentation at one of our meetings and he was Awesome. :)

He Mo, you should come back down to good old Maryland and give one of your famous video presentations. We would love to have you back.

Best Regards,

Richard Mendez

F8LBITE

Members
Excellent pictures Mo! I think Mo was here a few years ago doing a presentation at one of our meetings and he was Awesome. :)

He Mo, you should come back down to good old Maryland and give one of your famous video presentations. We would love to have you back.

Best Regards,

Richard Mendez

+1

Id like to hear his talk.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
We have had Mo here 2 times now. The last time was in 2007 and had a very poor turn out. I am not sure if he would come back.

I am in love with all the CA cichlids. I agree DQ, that is a nice looking Jag, the bigger they are the nicer they get. DQ you might have to make your 150 a Jag exclusive tank when your guy starts packing on some size.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
But hasn't the club grown since then?

We were about 1/2 the size in 07 but that day we had 21 adults including the speaker and 2 kids. It is a long drive for him down.

Mo is a great speaker. I love his presentation. I did talk to him last night for quite a while. While I did not bring the subject up, I did tell him about our growth and the new forum.
I will again work on him some at the ACA. Maybe in another year or so. I don't like repeating talks too soon. I do repeat speakers sooner if they have more than one subject but even if Mo had more than one talk I don't think the other could out do this one. I love it.

I will get him back at some point. Or the new Board may.