• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone looking for Victorians, peacocks or haps? Check out this ad!

This is close to my house. He is a guy that used to be a member here. So he says. I was supposed to go and look at his stuff but I flaked on him due to the fact that I just ordered WC fronts. I know if I go over there I will come home with too much stuff. I am pretty sure he will sell the fish separate. I think Phil went over to his house on this past Sunday but don't know for sure if he made it over there. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he has posted this lately. No body is biting. I don't know what he is asking for the fish themselves.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The problem is that he doesn't list prices for fish themselves, only for tank setups including the fish. The prices aren't necessarily unreasonable, but not everybody wants a 10 gallon tank with 30 juvenile peacocks. I have seen the posting before also. I figured I'd post it here because I think craigslist is the wrong market for quality fish, and thats why hes having trouble making sales. I wanted to see his fish but he wouldn't respond to me when I emailed him. Maybe someone else will have better luck, or he'll loosen up since he's not getting a lot of response so far.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Here's an update. I received an email from the guy with some details. I'll post the important part at the bottom. He'll be coming to the meeting on saturday if anyone is interested. He is willing to sell juveniles and fry, but not breeding adults yet. Here was his reply;

If you are intrerested in fry I only have
Lake Victoria, Uganda Rock Krib (Red Fin Blue Neon) and

lake Malawi Mbuna, Labidochromis Caeruleus (Lions Cove) Electric yellow
but do have holding
lake Malawi Peacock, Aulonocara Sp. German Red and
Pundamilia Nyererei Igombe island
but if your intersted in juvies 1.75 - 2.5" I have several species avalable

price fry $1.00
juvies $5.00
I not interested in selling the adults seperately just yet.

I will take the credit for inviting the guy. yay for me. I sent him a long email explaining things about this weekend and the auction and what not. I am glad that he contacted you back.