• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Annandale Super Pets

L

Larry-T

My experiences with chain stores (Super Pets, PetsMart, PetCo, etc...) it that I will buy pre-packaged cat food and kitty litter from them and NOTHING ELSE.

fish nerd

Members
I know this site is not for burning people or stores but "BUYER BEWARE" at Annandale Super Pets.

The people who are running this store are either very ignorant or dishonest. Either way it's bad.
I have been told on 3 seperate occasions that the fish I was getting was one of the more expensive fish in the particular tank (which houses several different species) when it clearly wasn't. In each case I corrected them on their extremely lacking knowledge of fish only to be told that the price is the price.......take it or leave it. On one occasion I brought in my beansch book to show them their error. This resulted in the lovely woman who I believe is the owner telling me, very rudely, that the price is the price (always the more expensive price mind you) while walking away.

I have also witnessed their management staff recommending very bad fish combinations. Sure, put an equally sized Salvini in with an Oscar in a 29 gallon tank. That will work! It will work if you want people to come back, trade in the Salvini and buy another Oscar. I quitely educated the woman on these two fish and she didn't buy the Sal.

Some of the younger guys who work there are good people but the management and owners are horrible and, I believe, will take advantage of anyone they can.