• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Africans For sale

bertolli

Members
I had some people coming to pick up the remaining fish in my 55G but they all bo'jangled. I should have listed them here first but I was hoping to set 'em loose sooner by dealing more locally. Anyway, I got some pics here's list/prices.
4 Yellow Tail acei ranging appx. 2.5-5" - Group $20
DSCN0142.jpg

Largest male

Red shoulder peacock and Lake Vic sp.44 hap - $15 each both for $25
DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0523-1.jpg

I have 10 yellow lab fries about 1" for $4 each the mother is pictured in the group photo but she's been sold and the daddy is in the pic below also sold.
DSCN0536.jpg

Also two female convicts, one beefy regular and a marbled who is growing her tail back, an amazing fish she was almost dead and missing practically half her body at one point. They're in the group photo, If anyone wants them make an offer, otherwise I'll probably give them away to someone who comes for other fish.

I'll also consider trades for supplies and if anyone has any pseudotropheus polits, I'm trying to set up a colony.
I'm not sure if I'll make it to the March meeting, I'll most likely be out of town or working so pick up is probably best. I'm located in Annandale.
Thanks for looking

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
How big is the peacock? I may be interested for my male peacock tank. :)

bertolli

Members
Tony, he's about 3.5".
No worries Scott, I'll probably find them better homes here than selling them on craigslist.

bertolli

Members
i thought i saw a l. brichardi in 1 of the pic.'s....is it for sale?
sorry, someone grabbed him along with the lab mamma couple of weeks ago, only the fish listed are available for sale. As of right now I am holding the redshoulder peacock for tony.

hey bertolli,

where do you live? perhaps we could trade acei's for plants? i'v got lots of plants and i read somewhere that you were looking for some.

regards,
michael

bertolli

Members
more fish

Wanted to bump this thread since I am going to be making the March meeting I can bring fish anyone wants. I also am putting up for sale 4 pseudotropheus polits.
They're on the aggressive side of the mbunas but mostly only towards each other. I purchased 5 from someone on here I was told it was 1, maybe 2 males and it turned out to be three males. You need to keep them in large numbers because they have similar con specific aggressiveness to demansoni. However, since I had such a low number I have split them into two tanks, I had one female jumper.
2 males in a 36x12 tank coexist peacefully (no nipped fins) with one brilliantly colored dominant male and the subdom is a golden brown who only colors up when the dominant one tries to come into his territory. The other two (male and female) have not shown any signs of breeding but live together peacefully with other mbuna in a 55. If you want to purchase one male, it would be a nice addition to an mbuna tank, so long as he has some territory he will color up. I would like to sell the male and female together because they seem to get along with out killing each other. The male in this tank has a white body with a black mask but doesn't have that ice blue look in his white part the other male does. I suspect this is because I have very limited rockwork/territories in my 55 since I plan on breaking it down once I get all the fish out. The female is a very dark almost black purple, she is ~3" and all the males are 3.5"+
Below are the best pictures I could snap with my digital camera of the dominant male and an article from C-F of the fish, the subdom male's color is the same as the juvies picture in the article.
DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0645.jpg

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=914
$10 each for the males, $15 for the pair
thanks

Last edited:

bertolli

Members
yea man i got plenty left, how are those other fish i gave you doing?
so far only the redshoulder peacock has been sold