• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A visit to our current president- Tony!

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Very nice pictures Rachel!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rasta Fish

Members
Tony
What are you feeding the Discuss?
I have some Discuss recently acquire about 3 months ago something i have always wanted to keep :)
all the flake foods i have used they seems to just pick at it
Until Lastweek someone told me that Hans Recommend Aquatics Discuss flakes
I try it and my discuss love it

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Tony
What are you feeding the Discuss?
I have some Discuss recently acquire about 3 months ago something i have always wanted to keep :)
all the flake foods i have used they seems to just pick at it
Until Lastweek someone told me that Hans Recommend Aquatics Discuss flakes
I try it and my discuss love it

Congrats on getting some!

Funny you ask that. Over the first week I had them, I tried earthworm flake, BS flake, Cobalt flake, 1mm NLS, frozen bloodworms, frozen spirulina BS, freeze-dried blackworms... nothing. They'd take it and spit it out.

I didn't want to go to live blackworms. From my experience with my Stendkers, it was like the fish equivalent to methadone.... once you go there, it's pretty tough to get them on anything else.

One last ditch effort a few days ago was met with success - frozen beef heart. There were nibbles at first, but after three feedings, they tear it up - even the little guys.

I know... not very natural, but the Simply Discus folks seem to like it. I figure the likes of **** Au, Jack Watley and Discus Hans are sold on it, then I shouldn't worry about it.

My ornamental guys upstairs eat earthworm flake. I'll check out that discus flake you spoke of. Thanks!

Edit: Love the way the forum still blocks Di ck Au....

YSS

Members
Yeah, it's a long story, but they came into the country last weekend (to the wrong person), spent 48 hours in a tank up north and then were reshipped to me late last week. When Rachel got the shots on Saturday, they were pretty banged up (scratched up and stressed out). They've since calmed down a bit and are starting to eat. I'll start a whole other thread just about them when I get a chance.

From reading on Simply Discus, wild fish will change dramatically over the first month in the tank. I'm glad Rachel was there to document what they first looked like. There are 13 total - ranging in size from about 3.5" up to 7".

Very nice, Tony. Good luck with them. Do you know what kind they are? They look like greens and/or browns.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Very nice, Tony. Good luck with them. Do you know what kind they are? They look like greens and/or browns.

They are greens caught on the Rio Nanay. I *think* they will end up mostly striped, with some spotting towards the middle of the body.

YSS

Members
As for food for discus, start introducing other food as they settle in. I have fed many variety of food for my discus, but I am starting to simplify. If the discus are healthy, they will eat pretty much anything. I currently feed my discus earthworm flakes, beef heart flakes, frozen bloodworms, Sera granules, and NLS Thera pellets. I have almost 10lbs of frozen blackworms in my freezer. I used to feed the frozen blackworms, but I have stopped due to issues a few of discus were having after I started feeding the frozen blackworms. Once I run out of beefheart flakes and NLS, I probably won't buy them anymore.

i thought it was going to be pictures of Tony's various friends and relations! Little did I know it would be photos of pretty fish. Love these, Rachel!

lewrosa

Members
Amesome pictures Rachel! Very nice fish Tony!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App