• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2nd jd spawn

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
these little fellas are in love seriously. the remaining spawn are barely a 1/4" and thes lovebirds have layed a new clutch of eggs. :wacko: oh well the more the merrier i guess.;) i saw her cleaning off her rock and i looked closer and was a little shocked. i just didnt think so soon. i did tell my oldest, darius, that she was coloring up like she was ready though and sure enough she was. im learning as i go with these two. ill get pics tonight and post them.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
well the fry from the first batch had a buffet on the new eggs. funny thing the mom just backs up and let them eat at their leisure. anybody else and she was gills flared up trying to fight. :D therefore no pics cuz the fish ate them :D:D

Lively

Members
Dang it! I wasn't online this week. I would have told you to pull the fry or the eggs! Mine did the same darned thing. I even got a pic of the fry munching on the eggs with mom hovering just above. Until the parents see the first fry as a thread they will allow them to eat the emerging wigglers. If the clutch is large enough that some wigglers survive, the fry will just follow mom to the hiding place and pick 'em off until they are so fat they look like they will explode.

Considering Jacks spawn every 3-6 weeks it isn't a bad way to keep the fry population in check.