• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

24 inch light

Hello folks!

I'm looking for a 2 bulb 24 inch light for my 30g cube tank. I'd like it to be a T5 (no NO or HO), but I'll also take a T8 since my plants will only need low to medium light. I'd prefer a black or silver (like the Coralife one) cased light if possible. I know, I know...I'm being picky :rolleyes:

I'll be at the meeting on Saturday.

Thanks so much in advance!

Arlene

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I have two 24" Coralife Compact fluorescents

One single and one double. They will definitely grow plants, and are both clean, have brass/gold finish, spray guards, in good shape with no issues, moonlights or legs. Bulbs are probably due for replacement.

Don't know if this helps, trying to decide whether to put them in the auction, would rather trade them for something more gratifying/stimulating/interesting than cash.

londonloco

Members
I have a 2 bulb T5HO catalina.com fixture, each bulb on it's own cord/switch, hangs and has legs, also acrylic cover. It's on a tank now, but I'll be breaking it down soon. Pm me if your interested.

I think I'll take the double bulb one from Sam because with the T5HO, I'm afraid of getting algae with only Java ferns, Bolbitus and Anubias growing in this tank.

I don't have much as far as aquatic plants currently because I just got a whole bunch and I'm still growing them out. I will in about a month though! Currently I can give you a stem of Rotala macranda "Red". It's kind of like Ludwigia repens, but the leaves are red on the top and bottom and I think prettier than L. repens. I also have Hydrocotyl tripartita which is very new to the plant world and hard to find unless you hunt on Aquabid or know someone who has it.

The Rotala is high light, ferts, and CO2, but so worth it! The Hydrocotyl is very pretty and not very demanding. Would you like some of these plants in exchange for the light?

Hopefully, in the upcoming months, I might have some Eriocaulon aquaticum if I can grow it, and a new Sagitarria, not available to anyone quite yet, but a handful of GWAPA people. I hope to get runners of this in a month or two. And finally, if I can grow this *******, Eriocaulon compressum. It's a pretty grassy plant that grows huge, newly collected, and costs about $30 to $50 a small plant of APC. Some guys in GWAPA collected it in Florida, in alligator infested waters, so they say. You'll have to get confirmation on this tale.

Arlene

Last edited: