• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

$2.99 Galaxy Rasboras at Columbia Mall!

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Just thought I'd give a heads up to those in the Columbia, MD area:

Today's Pet in Columbia Mall is selling Galaxy Rasboras for $2.99 each! Pretty great deal, since most of the shops in the greater DC/Metro area sell these (IF they even have them) for closer to $10 each.

Gogogo before they're all gone! Bought a small school of 5 myself this afternoon. :)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Where the heck have you been Dude? Good to have you back and I hope all is well at school.

Thanx for the info ;)

RM

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I've been, bro, I've been, lol.

I'm done with school! I'm a working man now. :) But thanks for the well-wishes! It's been an extremely hectic couple of months. Things are finally beginning to settle back down, so hopefully I can make the next meeting!

Jumbie

Members
That is a really great price....I think those fish are awesome!

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

chris_todd

Members
As long as you still keep up with your CCA peeps, we won't chastise you for supporting other local clubs.
Yeah, especially really cool clubs like GWAPA! :D (I saw you at the September GWAPA meeting, DiscusnAfricans)

And I have to admit my experience with Galaxy Rasboras confirms what someone warned me about when I bought them - they're the prettiest fish you'll never see. They hide constantly - in almost 9 months, I've seen mine a grand total of two minutes, LOL. Maybe tht's why the price is coming down - people realize they're over rated.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, especially really cool clubs like GWAPA! :D (I saw you at the September GWAPA meeting, DiscusnAfricans)
Guilty as charged. I had inside information. Jen (donkeyfish) is a good PR and advocate for you all. I know she has allured a few other CCA members over to the "green" side as well. I'll plan to attend more meetings in the future (at least the ones located in MD).

ingg

Members
It isn't like it is an either/or sorta thing. ;)

I'm a dedicated planted tank dude and you'll probably never see big SA or any of the African cichlids in a tank in my house (with the exception of the riverines like Pelvicachromis sort of thing for Africans), but I've been spotted at CCA meetings before. :eek:

Do hafta admit though, I got this one tank I keep thinking of shellies in... just never seems to happen. Something about fish messing with the scape I set up just bugs the snot outta me, so I've never tried them. Maybe another tank someday, let the lil buggers spit all the sand they want to....

DonkeyFish

Members
I aim to bring peace to all factions and share the love between us all. Or something. I swear, I go to all three clubs meetings... different faces, same everything else. We all have the same end goal, we just meet on different weekends :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
...I'm nodding off just reading this... messing the scape is bad.... snore....

I'm a dedicated planted tank dude and you'll probably never see big SA or any of the African cichlids in a tank in my house (with the exception of the riverines like Pelvicachromis sort of thing for Africans), but I've been spotted at CCA meetings before. :eek:

Do hafta admit though, I got this one tank I keep thinking of shellies in... just never seems to happen. Something about fish messing with the scape I set up just bugs the snot outta me, so I've never tried them. Maybe another tank someday, let the lil buggers spit all the sand they want to....

ingg

Members
See, though, scapes for me ARE the tank. To you, the fish are probably the tank, right? All a matter of preference. I don't knock folks who want to keep the big cichlids, it just ain't my thing. I have fun gardening underwater too much. ;)

You dig in this, and I R angry. Set this up for my brother yesterday. It is his first aquarium, a 57g trimless Oceanic tank:

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/57illuminata006.jpg/

Spine

Members

And I have to admit my experience with Galaxy Rasboras confirms what someone warned me about when I bought them - they're the prettiest fish you'll never see. They hide constantly - in almost 9 months, I've seen mine a grand total of two minutes, LOL. Maybe tht's why the price is coming down - people realize they're over rated.
Try putting them in a bigger tank. I had that same problem when mine were in a 20g I never saw them,as soon as a moved them into a 120g planted tank,you couldn't keep them away from the front glass.lol
I don't think they are over rated though,they are bold looking fish.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm just teasing - beautiful tanks

I'm not really a big cichlid guy but I am about the fish. Most of my scapes are PVC and flowerpots... Although I do have a few anubias ;)

Matt

See, though, scapes for me ARE the tank. To you, the fish are probably the tank, right? All a matter of preference. I don't knock folks who want to keep the big cichlids, it just ain't my thing. I have fun gardening underwater too much. ;)

You dig in this, and I R angry. Set this up for my brother yesterday. It is his first aquarium, a 57g trimless Oceanic tank:

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/57illuminata006.jpg/

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I know, I was just giving Rob a hard time. I usually only make fun of people for stuff I do myself. I wouldn't actually make fun of someone for something I want them to feel bad about. I have been to meetings of all 3 clubs, and plan to support all local clubs. They can and do compliment each other. It also gives me more exposure to topics of interest and new potential friends. CCA was my first club, and will probably always be my primary interest because of my obsession with cichlids, but GWAPA and PVAS have a lot to offer as well. And who can say no to Jen?;)