• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: 2 RARE freshwater puffers - hairy and dragon

thedavidzoo

Members
It has been quite a while since I have been active in the club and on the forum since I changed gears from my prolific Tanganyikan cichlid breeding phase to 2 solitary freshwater puffers.
Now with a son off to college, we are moving cross-country...my puffers must be sold. Sorry about the bad pics.

1 Tetraodon baileyi "Hairy puffer" - originally from Josh at Batfish about 2 years ago
"He" is about 4" long and VERY cute with a personality to match - $60
erQT7X1l.jpg

1 Tetraodon palembangensis "Dragon puffer" or "Humpback puffer"- from Wetspot about 2 1/2 years ago
"She" is about 3" and VERY adorable and shy - $45
zjhxI2ul.jpg

vSKv82El.jpg

Both are piscivores and ambush feeders and eat raw shrimp, scallops, fresh fish, etc., and LOVE live earthworms! They do not have maintain their beaks with shells or snails as most puffers do.

They MUST be kept solitary. I currently have them in a divided 40B, tap FW with 40% weekly WC.

Pickup in Arlington only. While here you might be interested in a 10, 20, 2x 40 gal tank, dual 40B DIY wood stand, and assorted lights for sale and random other junk that just needs to go.

abcdefghi

Members
Wish I had space for the Hairy Puffer, used to have a Figure 8 puffer and would love to have another active puffer with personality. Good luck selling them! I am sure someone is going to be happy.