• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New guy

RLuna

CCA Members
Hello group,

Just wanted to drop a line or two. After being out of the hobby for over 15 years, I have decided to kick start this amazing addiction, which I honestly don't remember how I stopped. After weeks of research and endless hours online trying to figured out if there was some type of support group to help restart this crazy habit i found something closed to home. Thank you for setting up this website and the association. There is definitely a lot that I need to catch up on and how it has evolved thanks to technology. i currently have a 36g front bow tank and just purchased a 55g to switch everybody over. i stopped with 5 mbuna cichlids, clown loach, two catfishes that I got from petsmart to concentrate on getting more uncommon or rare species from the local fish mom and pop stores in the area or even from this very forum. By the way, whats a good plant to add that will go along with cichlids and plecos?? Also, can I add driftwood? I've been told that it lower my ph. Many thanks and keep on swimming

mchambers

Former CCA member
What kind of cichlids? There are lots of them, and some eat plants and others don't.

In my experience, driftwood doesn't lower pH much, but it can vary. I keep wood in all of my tanks, without problem, but I have mostly fish that like soft water and lower pH.