• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Moving Sale: Fish and Misc

gcaligan

Members
I will be moving fairly soon, so I would like to thin the herd and minimize potential losses and stuff I have to pack. To start with:

Glass Lids (set of 3) for a 180g tank..... $20

I have two extra male F. Rostratus "sand divers" 8-10" long........ $50 each

One male N. Venustus 7" ............ $40

One older submissive male Super Red Empress 4".......... Free

Two hybrid haps (male N. Livingstonii mated with a female Super Red Empress)
4-5" male........ $10
4" sex uncertain.......... Free

That's it for now, but I may come up with other stuff. All prices are OBO. The only things I would trade for are a canister filter or possibly something to help with the move.

Pick up only (Alexandria, Va). I will not ship or deliver. I work Saturdays, so I can't make it to meetings.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG IMG_1433.JPG IMG_1430.JPG IMG_1441.JPG IMG_1436.JPG

Freakgecko

Members
Do you still have the red empress? I'd be super interested in him, but unable to pick up until Sunday or preferably Monday

gcaligan

Members
Do you still have the red empress? I'd be super interested in him, but unable to pick up until Sunday or preferably Monday

I don't have a pure red empress for sale- he's a hybrid. He has pretty similar coloration, maybe a little more orangey than a super red empress. He also has the dark splotches of a nimbo rather than just a horizontal line. He's a cool looking fish and would be a good addition to an all male tank, but he's not for the purists out there.

Let me know if you're still interested. I will be out of town this weekend. Not sure when I will get back Sunday. Monday's are not good for me.

gcaligan

Members
Appreciate the honesty! Gonna pass for now, I'll let you know if anything changes!

I am a moron. I completely forgot my own listing and what I have in my tank.
So I do have a super red empress that I would love to give away for free. He is not very super right now, though.
I am posting 2 pictures. The guy I am re-homing is the one sulking in the corner next to a female. As you can see, he currently does not show any color and doesn't look great in general. I promise he is a male, used to show color, and may possibly return to form given a good home.
The other photo shows his younger brother who kicked his butt and keeps him in check. (I am not selling him.)
IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1511.JPG

Freakgecko

Members
given that he's otherwise healthy, I'll take him. Going in a 150 mixed tank, nothing aggressive so he should be able to return to form there

I live in Brentwood, MD and work most weekdays, but I'm free on mondays and could pick up/meet that day if that would work for you, otherwise I'm free on Sunday as well

Robinhud

CCA Members
I am just asking the one you are not selling, is he not a German red? The blue face being the key. Very nice fish btw I am just learning about them and would love to know more.