• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Christmas Fulus

Carolineep

CCA Members
hi all
My fulus are not happy and I need your knowledge to help me work through what is going on.

First basics
Tank is cycled.

Hob rated for 80 gallon with sponge attached to intake to keep sand out. Plus two well seeded sponge filters.

Water test came back for slightly elevated nitrites have done several water changes still showing elevated? Otherwise test came back normal.

Temp is 78.

Led is set to moonlight

They had a pretty tough day yesterday and the idea of this post is to help me figure out if there is something wrong or if they just need time to decompress. I am a bit of momma hen

They are all in one cave towards front of tank. Yes all 13 it would be adorable if I wasn't so worried.

Carolineep

CCA Members
Sometimes some dither fish can help them be less shy. But they just need to settle in first...

Thanks guys,
I am very excited for these fish and want to do right by them.
What kind of dithers would you suggest ? Nothing that will eat my fulu babies.

lkelly

Members
They like to watch Seinfeld and occasionally listen to early Rush (Moving Pictures album and prior).

Not Xystichromis phytophagus in general, just these fish. Trust me, I know.

Carolineep

CCA Members
Day 2

I think they are adjusting nicely to the move. Saw the male doing some excavating and females are looking more relaxed.
I will play some rush for them maybe chromogynos will like it as well

IMG_2526.JPG