• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus Red Heads - Sunken Bellies

rsanz

monster tank newbie
For your cyanobacteria battle the only weapon you will need is ChemiClean.
51aX8Du%2BanL.jpg

I tried battling Cyano for months and it always came back with in days of cleaning the tank. Finally i broke down and decided to chemical means instead of natural ways. One treatment with this and it hasn't been back. Save yourself some time and headaches.

I just realized that I never updated you on how the Chemiclean worked. I mean...wow. It was like magic! Within 2 days everything was gone, and there has not been a trace of the cyano coming back in the 2 months since the initial treatment! Very, very impressed with this stuff. No adverse effects to the fish or plants. Really, just incredible. Thank you so much for the recommendation!

My Geos are all looking better in terms of coloration and behavior, but there are two that still have sunken bellies. I have observed their feces are all brown and non-stringy... so I'm concerned now that they may be permanently deformed. :(

I have been heavily feeding the tank this week to see if they just have not been able to get enough food to fill their bellies, and we'll see how that works out. However, very discouraging to see that the medicine seems to have worked, but their bellies are still concave...

Last edited:

Aqua410

Members
They should bounce back in terms of shape I think. My GT had parasites for a long time that didn't seem to want to go away. I finally nuked him with metro heavy doses every 48 hours for 3 weeks and he finally started eating again and seems good. His belly is regaining shape each day but I didn't notice any change at all for a week or so once he started eating again. I think they just lose a lot of body mass that takes time to build back up.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
They should bounce back in terms of shape I think. My GT had parasites for a long time that didn't seem to want to go away. I finally nuked him with metro heavy doses every 48 hours for 3 weeks and he finally started eating again and seems good. His belly is regaining shape each day but I didn't notice any change at all for a week or so once he started eating again. I think they just lose a lot of body mass that takes time to build back up.
I hope so, because they are decent sized fish tht have been growing for almost 8 months. There's only 2 of them that are still showing concave belly. The other 4 seem to have recovered nicely and are looking plump.