• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Why am I crying, you ask?

Rasta Fish

Members
Went away on vacation a month ago, setup my tanks on autopilot (automatic feeders, lights and filters) like I did for years, came back from my 10 day vacation with and to find all my fishes were still alive and everyone was doing well and healthy.
So last weekend I went away for a 4 day mini vacation, hooked up my autopilot like I did many times before, but this time, I was in shock to find that 4 of my tanks that was hooked up to the same outlet, was a white cloudy mess of dead fishes, I was speechless, angry, helpless, depress, and heartbroken all balled up in one huge ball that was sitting on my chest that I could not get out, so after staring at it for a few long minutes that feels like an eternity, it run through my eyes and down my face and fell on the ground.:sick0004::angel2:

So, I finally get some time to put a list of what i lost together. I want to rebuild sometime in the future, so if you have anything on list please let me know I may be interested in getting some from you once I get my fish fund together.

Here is a list of what I lost.

Neolamprologus pulcher Daffodil -3
Ophthalmotilapia ventralis Congo- 1
Cyprichromis Blue Orchids -6
Neolamprologus Tretocephalus -6
Red Shoulder Peacock -1M - 3F
Dragon Blood Peacock -2M - 3F
Aulonocara Baenschi Benga Peacock -1M
Labeotropheus trewavasae "mpanga red" - 3M - 3F-- (2 holding F)
Sciaenochromis fryeri Eletric Blue -2
Exochochromis anagenys - 2
Clown Loaches- 4
Brush Mouth Pleco - 2
Panda Barbs - 1M - 1F
Albino Shark -1
Ivory Head Mloto Peacock- 1M
Buccochromis Rhodesii - 1
Buccochromis Nototaenia - 1
Champsochromis spilorhynchus- 1
Tyrannochromis macrostoma - 1
Aulonocara stuartgranti Maisoni - 3F
Aulonocara stuartgranti Blue Neon - 1M
Yellow Labs -2
Protomelas steveni ''Taiwan Reef'' -1

dogofwar

CCA Members
So, so sorry. Any idea what happened? Power outage?

You are more than welcome to some free Hap ruby greens juvies (CARES Victorian) if you want to go that direction...

Take care,
Matt

Man Craig sorry to hear the news, did you ever find out the problem? That is a stunning list bro and sorry again for your loss.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That's crushing dude. Mike told me the other day and I'm really bummed for ya.

I have a lot of those predators growing out and should be able to sex them pretty soon, so I can definitely help you out with them.

Rasta Fish

Members
Chris not sure what cause it as yet but there is no power in that outlet on the wall, maybe a breaker will investigate further and post update,
thanks Matt will think about that i do have a breeding group of Haplochromis nyererei and babies growing outand also a group of hap 44,
Tony thanks, I will def hookup with you sometime to get some from you, i already know you have some stuff i want :)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Rasta Brother, you have my sincere condolences for your loss. I know it's tough because of the little souls you lost, but you need to move on and create a better selection of fish and this time be more cautious on your preparation when you travel.

Dude, the same thing happened to me years ago and it even happened when I left my closest friend in charge too.

So now when I travel for 1-4 days I refuse to feed them. I tested it out and they were fine. I'm just saying this in case the automatic feeding machine might have over feed them and polluted the tank. Nevertheless, if I have to travel for 5-10 days after the 4-5th day I have a family member come and feed them once a day.

I also make sure that my neighbor calls me if there is a loss of electricity and I immediately send over my brother n law to turn on the battery operated air pumps, which I leave set up and ready with batteries by each tank.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

I have a Benga Peacock I can give you when you ready and a couple of Yellow labs Bro.

I also have some Dragon Bloods too pm, k.

RM

longstocking

Members
I am really sorry for your loss. Curious, where they connected to a surge protector or straight to the wall?

I don't have anything on that list... but if you want a nice red dot brichardi 2.5 inches... let me know :) Free.

Rasta Fish

Members
thanks guys
I found out what happen, this is how its connected the UPS is connected to the wall then the surge protector to the UPS..
the UPS blow out and stop working so that's the cause why its stop working...
Sarah, i will take him i could never pass on free stuff. :)
Yes, i am looking forward to getting new fishes ...so that's a good side to this..
Richard, i will PM you at some point
Thanks

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
They are Neolamprologus Pulcher (Daffodil) :) I'm surprised you remembered they were Brichardi and didn't just call them "some tang fish with some yellow on them" ;) Kudos!
I call them african rum fish. How do you get Brichardi from Neolamprologus Pulcher (Daffodil) ?

Spine

Members
Sorry to hear about the loss Craig. I went away for 10 days and suffered some losses myself. The tank that I had a problem with was caused by the airstones getting clogged and therefore no circulation. The next time I'm away for more than a couple days I'm going to remove all my airstones.

If you want any New World stuff let me know.