• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Yesterday A.M. thunderstorm!

Jumbie

Members
Ok so I had to take the Sligo creek parkway to work yesterday because there were no traffic lights working and gridlock traffic everywhere you looked. After turning on the parkway from route 29 I see some large puddles nothing to sever look what happen after I went around the first turn!

rain1b.jpg

After the first turn I was thinking "Oh ok its not the deep"!

rain3m.jpg

The 2nd turn I notice it got a little deeper but I was in a Tahoe so I am not worried.

rain4w.jpg

3rd turn I notice the water was again a little higher than before and the water was moving against me, smaller cars were getting stuck and the Jeep in front of me was getting smaller. Still I was not worried I had my 4 wheel drive on and my truck sits a lot higher than that jeep and I was cursing just fine.

rain2.jpg

4th turn OH **** WHAT DID I GET MYSELF IN TO? The water was really high and flowing very strong, I was the only crazy guy going through it and I was freaking out because it was up to my door! Now I have to say it did not look that deep, if I knew it was this deep I would have went back and found another way to work.

I pull up to the light behind Holy Cross Hospital at the intersection of Forest Glen Road and Sligo Creek and I notice a few police officers starting to shut down the parkway. The cop asked me to roll down my window, he said "Did you really drive through that back there?"...I told him I don't know what I was thinking but I did. I got to work 1 hour and 40 min late. It only takes me 20-30min at the most to get to work.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
WOW!!!!!!!! OMG Jumbie! Your engine could of gotten damaged man. Good thing you got out of there when you did. I think you and your car grew fish scales. LOL!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Dang dude.. unbelievable pictures... Glad you made it through safe.

Two guys that got to our office early yesterday had their cars flooded up to the seats. Pretty much ruined their rides.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
That is crazy Josh. I've seen that Tahoe and its tall, so I can imagine most people would have been swimming at that point. Some of the flash floods in the area were ridiculous. Whats up with these crazy "natural events?" Blizzards, earthquakes, now floods. 2012 what?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I was originally going to comment on you taking pictures instead of paying attention to your car getting swept off the road, but then realized I would have been doing the same thing. ;)

mrkillie

Members
Reminds me of a time way back when I was in high school, my brother and I were out playing video games at the arcade (big thing back then!) when the skies opened up. On the way home, we reached a similar situation. We watched as one car went through the water, no problem. The next car went through, no problem. Then my brother takes his car through. As we get the the other side of the water, his car stalls. Of course it won't start back up. My brother gets out of the car, kicks the tire and says "Murphy was an @ssh@le!!!", of course referencing Murphy's Law..... I laughed my @ss off.

Jumbie

Members
I was originally going to comment on you taking pictures instead of paying attention to your car getting swept off the road, but then realized I would have been doing the same thing. ;)

LMAO I couldn't help it bro LOL...I was worried about engine damage after I got through it.:wacko:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Crazy pics! I am glad you and the tahoe made it through safe. Maybe next time you might want to just take the day off. :)