• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB UNDERGRAVEL FILTERS

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I want to buy undergravel filters to cover the bottom of a 20 gallon long tank or a 40 gallon breeder.
Please respond here or via PM.
Thanks,

Greengirl

Members
You all teased me for still using an undergravel filter. :p Well anyway, I had undergravel filters before the became cool all of a sudden. Just remember that ;)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
You all teased me for still using an undergravel filter. :p Well anyway, I had undergravel filters before the became cool all of a sudden. Just remember that ;)
Yeah, I still stand by that tease:p

Like Christine said, the reason I'm offering mine is because its collecting dust.

I don't think I have uplift tubes for mine, so if yours are complete Christine, bring them for Frank. I'll bring mine regardless and donate them to the auction if he is taken care of.

I'll watch them go up for auction and have no one fight over them.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I might be able to use any and all undergravel filters available. I have some tubes I thing to replace missing uplift tubes. Course I do not have the little thingy that goes on the top of the tube but I do not think that matters much.

It is just great that there are some available.
Thanks

chriscoli

Administrator
Frank, here's what I have. It's 29 in by 11 in. I cant find the original tube parts, but I have one piece of the correct size clear tubing you can have.

Its all yours if you want it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1363883896449.jpg

chriscoli

Administrator
It's funny...just last weekend I was standing in the garage looking at it and thinking to myself....why am I keeping this?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
It's funny...just last weekend I was standing in the garage looking at it and thinking to myself....why am I keeping this?
Yeah, I tried to sell them with a tank a few months ago, and it didn't work out. Then I meant to bring them to an auction, but forgot. Then I meant to bring them to Aquamania, but ran out of time.

The whole 'out of sight out of mind' principle took place. I knew I was keeping them for some reason, Frank's need for them just reinforces my packrat mentality.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Who knew there would be a market for these. I recycled all the old ones I had around the house last fall. I didn't think anyone would be looking for them.

Silly me.

chriscoli

Administrator
well, Frank hasn't told us what he's planning to do with all of these. We ASSUME he's using them in a tank....but really, he didn't say.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
YEP! plan to set up a couple tanks with undergravel filters, don't know what sizes yet, depends on what filters are available and how they fit.

Greengirl

Members
YEP! plan to set up a couple tanks with undergravel filters, don't know what sizes yet, depends on what filters are available and how they fit.

Yep. I am a fan of the undergravel filter. What would you be keeping in the tank once it's all set up?

I only have one. But I would also like another if you are being flooded with too many offers than you need. I will take the extras that you don't claim.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I think the only UG filters I have were given to me, or came with tanks I bought used.

A few years ago, I tried a UG system and the reverse-flow system with powerheads because it was a deep tank (37g) and thought it would help aeration. It didn't work like expected, but I probably needed stronger powerheads. The attachments were also very bulky and took up a lot of room. I also didn't like that you can't keep them in tanks with fish that dig, or they'll be exposed.

I switched to sand in all of my tanks a while back, so UG filters aren't an option, but I know they still have a following out there. I think they have certain benefits for planted tanks, but they're not my scene anymore. I'll bring any I can find and will be happy they go to a good home.

chriscoli

Administrator
Frank, its probably not convenient for you, but I was in Congressional Aquarium (waiting for the good sushi buffet next door to open their dinner buffet) and they had a pile of used ug filters on clearance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1363991550463.jpg