• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB - Tangs and Advice Sought

tremper

Members
I have a reverse trio of featherfin Chituta and would like a bit of advice.

Comments:

1. They are housed and will remain in a severly understocked 150g Tall. 4'x3'x2' How large a group can successfully thrive in this size tank. Ideal M:F ratios? It is currently sectioned off with a large piece of driftwod dividing the tank into 2 breeding areas.

2. I would like to add a group of 6-12 non jumbo cyps.... I assume this would be no issue. The only other tank inhabitants right now are a male lelupi which is gone as soon as I can move him and an aul Taiwan Reef growing out for another tank.

SO my Questions...

3. Does anyone have in the club have any Chituta's they are looking to part with.

4. Does anyone have a group of non jumbo cyps of decent size they are looking to move?

TIA

Joe

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Joseph,

Do you know what species they are? From a Google search, that collection point comes up with both O. ventralis and C. furcifer. I believe that furcifer gets to be much larger and more aggressive than the former (though not as aggressive as something like a boops).

The ratio isn't ideal, but may work. I only have experience keeping O. nasuta and in large groups, so am not sure about a reverse trio.

EDIT: Found this article of furcifer on C-F. A lot of good info: http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/c_furcifer.php

Last edited:

tremper

Members
Sorry Tony, its the ventralis, guaranteed...... I keep looking at your group, much prettier, but alas, 7" max length..... too large fro my 4 footer.....

longstocking

Members
I thought he just sold?

I'm so out of the loop :lol: Not enough time in the day. I need 50 hours a day :lol:

okay then I would wait for me to offer some for sale :lol: My group is from RSC.