• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Rocks, Syno Eupterus

dankdabe

Members
Anyone have a Synodontis Eupterus? Looking to add a cat to my mbuna tank. Also looking for rocks to buff up my rockscape. Not too particular. Lastly, Im looking for a small ball of java moss if anyone has that.

Thanks,

David

Shane

Members
David,
Not sure if you are aware but S. eupterus is a riverine species from the Congo. They need soft, acidic water to stay healthy in the long term. Those kept in Rift Lake conditions (hard water, high pH) for extended times develop severe lateral line erosion similar to hole in the head disease. HOT in Glen Burnie has several large ones that were clearly trade ins from Rift Lake tanks and exhibit this condition.
There are numerous great catfishes from Lake Malawi that would do much better in a mbuna set up. I have posted a list below.
Lake Tanganyika is far more diverse with over 30 species of catfishes, so if you are willing to look at those you would have about 50 Rift Lake catfish species to choose from.
-Shane

Amphilius chalei
Bagrus meridionalis
Bathyclarias gigas
Bathyclarias nyasensis
Chiloglanis neumanni
Clarias liocephalus
Clarias ngamensis
Clarias theodorae
Synodontis njassae
Zaireichthys rotundiceps

Last edited: