• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Potted underwater plants

Ading522

Members
Anyone have some for trade or sale? Looking to put some plants as a background on my 125 acrylic..my wife says she wants to see some green in there..so if I'm going to keep it in the bedroom, I'd better get some plants in there.. Hehe..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ddavila06

Members
why potted?

i have a bunch for sale on pvas at pvas.com/forum
if you come to the meeting this saturday i can bring them there.

Ading522

Members
why potted?

i have a bunch for sale on pvas at pvas.com/forum
if you come to the meeting this saturday i can bring them there.

because i have a very thin layer of sand substrate.. my aquarium is mostly covered in rock work, so i plan to use potted plants and hide them behind the rocks..

Becca

Members
because i have a very thin layer of sand substrate.. my aquarium is mostly covered in rock work, so i plan to use potted plants and hide them behind the rocks..

Anubias will take root in rock, as will Java Fern. You should contact Frank Cowherd about Anubias - he sells really nice pieces of rock that have plants already rooted in them.

You can also use hair nets to attach things like Riccia, java moss, baby tears, and various liverworts to rocks.

Ading522

Members
Anubias will take root in rock, as will Java Fern. You should contact Frank Cowherd about Anubias - he sells really nice pieces of rock that have plants already rooted in them.

You can also use hair nets to attach things like Riccia, java moss, baby tears, and various liverworts to rocks.

Hmmmm..nice idea Becca..I should since I constantly re arrange rock work for the fish.. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Hmmmm..nice idea Becca..I should since I constantly re arrange rock work for the fish.. Thanks!

Touch base with Frank or Chris Teem about tips for getting plants to root in rocks "faster." I mean, generally, nothing happens fast with anubias...

Or anyone at GWAPA...

Ading522

Members
Touch base with Frank or Chris Teem about tips for getting plants to root in rocks "faster." I mean, generally, nothing happens fast with anubias...

Or anyone at GWAPA...

Thanks Becca!

ddavila06

Members
i tossed large java ferns to sat's auction. also anubias and some other.. you should come to this meeting, i know a bunch of members who have easy ones that will work for ur tank.