• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Cube tanks

Gobucks1

Members
Looking for cube tanks in around the 30 gallon range, not looking for one of those premade "bio-cube" setups.

Preferably glass.

Thanks,

Will

Andrew

Members
Perfecto now makes some cube tanks. There's a 25-gal 18x18x18" and a 45-gal 24x24x18" that might work for you. They also have the column tank series including a 37-gal 20x18x24. They also have some beautiful stands if you're looking for a stand-alone setup.

Thai

Members
Perfecto now makes some cube tanks. There's a 25-gal 18x18x18" and a 45-gal 24x24x18" that might work for you. They also have the column tank series including a 37-gal 20x18x24. They also have some beautiful stands if you're looking for a stand-alone setup.
Id rather go glasscages rimless, starfire on 3 sides is schmexy!

Lively

Members
Its a curse....but I'm ballin!......:)

on a budget:(

Same here - will be years before I ever get to do the seahorse tank.

Will - I think I remember seeing the cube tanks at Petco or Petland. They are still pretty new I'm guessing you'll have a hard time finding used. You could get a couple of used tanks, break them down and silicone in a cube - that is probably the most cost effective way to do it. Only issue I see with that is the brace - you'd have to fabricate one somehow.

That's actually what I was thinking of doing to build a hex inexpensively. Of course, my issue with that is cutting the bottom piece perfectly.

Lively

Members
Here is your chance to support a LFS, buy new.

At most stores, tanks are marked up VERY little.

he lives near me - there are no lfs's around here, closest one is probably an hour and a half away we only have a big box store. Shoot, my grocery store doesn't even cary goldfish food.

ingg

Members
he lives near me - there are no lfs's around here, closest one is probably an hour and a half away we only have a big box store. Shoot, my grocery store doesn't even cary goldfish food.

There are shops nearer than that - Fins and Feathers is right in Ashburn, maybe what, 20 miles down 7 from you?

If rimless is what you'd want, Glasscages would not be my first, or even second, thought, but that is just me - too many of mixed reviews on their silicone work and customer service out there for my tastes.

Lively

Members
There are shops nearer than that - Fins and Feathers is right in Ashburn, maybe what, 20 miles down 7 from you?

20 miles down 7... :angry3:

It would take him well over a hour one way 40 minutes alone to get to route 7 - with decent traffic another 20 to Ashburn - and that isn't likely. I hate route 7 with a passion. It takes me about 45 minutes just to get to Landsdowne - when gas was pricey and there were less cars on the road it only took 30 minutes. Did I mention I hate route 7 with a passion? lol

I'm all for supporting the LFS, but there are circumstances when someone simply can't. Perhaps they are too young to drive and have to be driven or the distance is just too much when you have to cart small children along with you. I did it once, strapping a two year old into a car for a 2 hour plus round trip to go to a LFS is not fun.

If I'm in the area (like being in Ashburn) I'll stop in, but I can't do that for buying fish food and staples like that - as much as I'd like to.

Gobucks1

Members
Well i found one used for $125 with stand.

It's not exactly a cube (34L", 36"H, 24"W), but its over 120 gallons, so it'll work. :)

Finally gonna get some more mbuna. :D

Thanks any way though guys.