• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB CO2 System

milangdo

Members
All, I am looking to purchase/trade for a CO2 system for a 92 corner tank. Let me know what you have sitting around. I have a small rimless display tank I picked up in Japan and most of a fluval shrimp tank, along with a large pump that came with the 92 tank available in trade. Specifically, it is a large pump that can only be described as in line. If you are not interested in trade... name your price.

milangdo

Members
I have a heavily planted 92 corner with HOs and an HQI. Right now I am mostly stuck with easy fast growers like anacharis and hornwort. Yes I know that I don't need CO2 for them. I would like to switch back over to the shorter grassy plants like I had in Japan. I am to the point where additional lighting won't do anything but I am running into not enough CO2/too much light issues like black bushy alage. In the long run I'd like to have several shorter grassy plants in the bottom with some exotic high light stalk plants in the back. Looking to keep fish at nothing larger than German Rams to allow my breeding colongy of cherry shrimp to flourish.

samsmobb

Members
Have you tried APIs co2 booster? It got rid of bba algae while excel couldn't for me and helped all my plants go through a growth spurt like hair grass

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum, Milango. Sounds like a very nice tank. Do you have pics?

Are you local to the club?

milangdo

Members
Just signed up yesterday. I live in Odenton Maryland 20 minutes from House of Tropicals. The Excel/API CO2 is doing wonders on my hair algae and doing the whole growth spurt thing, but my cheap anacharis isn't doing so well with it. I'd like to grow more high light shorter plants in the long run, and CO2 is required for many of them.

By the way, love this forum. Good to chat with local fishianados.

I worked at Mr. Aquarium in Lubbock Texas through college, so I've been a fish buff for a little while now. However, African Cichlids were always a knowledge weak point for me.

milangdo

Members
Now that I'm at home and can look at the tank, these are how the plants are doing.

Tank:
92 Corner with 20 gallon "tote sump"
Homemade bucket filter with bio balls
1:250 watt HQI with 2 ~30 watt HO lights

Anacharis: was thriving until I added Excel Flourish
Dwarf Sagitaria: Spreading
Dwarf Baby Tears: Failure... melted
Dwarf hair grass: growing, but being overtaken by BBA
Hygrophilia "Kompakt: growing slowly... a fan favorite
Numerous Crypts: growing slowly
Narrow Leaf Micro Sword:eek:vertaken by BBA
Madagascar Lace Leaf: Constantly embattled with BBA
In 20 Gallon Sump Below Tank
1 Sweet Potato
Parrots Feather

Stock:
Breeding Colony of Cherry Shrimp
2 Vampire Shrimp
5 Panda Cory Cats
6 Barbis Barbis
5 Bumblebee Gobies
2 Spawning pairs of Blue German Rams/Regular German Rams and 2 "Frenemy" Rams
2 Silver Tip Tetras (I had 10, but they came with Ich...)
30 Neon Tetras
2 Platys

dogofwar

CCA Members
...so you're planning to come down for the meeting tomorrow, right? :)

We'd love to have you!

Matt