• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Clean up crew

blkmjk

Members
Looking for cheap....

Bristle nose plecos
Shrimp
Marbled crays
Clown loaches or similar

Fish should be 2"+
Also some low light plants. I would prefer some tall grasses and the like but let me know what you have. Would like to arrange pick up at the meeting.

Drew

Becca

Members
I have some baby BNPs, they'd need to grow out for another 4-6 weeks to reach the 2" mark, though. $1 each if you're interested, or 6 for $5. They have big appetites.

rich_one

Members
Looking for cheap....

Bristle nose plecos
Shrimp
Marbled crays
Clown loaches or similar

Fish should be 2"+
Also some low light plants. I would prefer some tall grasses and the like but let me know what you have. Would like to arrange pick up at the meeting.

Drew
YOU have a tank that can house shrimp and crays??? :eek:

LOL...

-Rich

Becca

Members
Oh, yeah... I also have blue pearl shrimp - are you wanting to breed them for feeders or keep them as pets? RCS would probably be cheaper - but can do 10 for $25 or $3 each.

Becca

Members
Looking for cheap....

Drew

Josh was selling Aponogeton bulbs for 3 for $1.50, or something like that. They are a variety that looks sort of grass-like but has a nice swirl to the leaves/tendrils of the plant. I bought 3, at least 2 are growing well. I can't remember which densely planted tank I put the third in... OOPS. I guess I'll know when it gets really tall.

blkmjk

Members
I have some baby BNPs, they'd need to grow out for another 4-6 weeks to reach the 2" mark, though. $1 each if you're interested, or 6 for $5. They have big appetites.

They should work I have Couple tanks I could grow them out in.

YOU have a tank that can house shrimp and crays??? :eek:

LOL...

-Rich

Ha! Yeah fry tanks! Seriously I have a sump I'm going to plant and light its 75 gallons hoping to breed feeders for the masses! Will be sticking the new 220 and my existing 90 on it as well also gonna put planted dumps over all three tanks. Been working slowly on it.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
Josh was selling Aponogeton bulbs for 3 for $1.50, or something like that. They are a variety that looks sort of grass-like but has a nice swirl to the leaves/tendrils of the plant. I bought 3, at least 2 are growing well. I can't remember which densely planted tank I put the third in... OOPS. I guess I'll know when it gets really tall.
How long before they sprouted? I bought Lilly s from Petsmart and the bulbs never sprouted.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
Sorry no pest snails.... I don't have enough planted tanks for that I guess!

How much for them outright?

Drew

Becca

Members
How long before they sprouted? I bought Lilly s from Petsmart and the bulbs never sprouted.

Drew
1 week before I noticed them. I forgot I'd put them in there and then I was like, hey, what is that cool looking thing? Ohhhhh yeahhhh....

My petsmart lilies sprouted, but I started them outdoors in the spring. Many CCA members have offshoots of those things.

How many BNPs do you want?

Becca

Members
Do you have pest snails? I could trade some RCS culls for them.

Jesse - I would be SUPER HAPPY to trade you some pest snails for a handful of RCS. When we moved most of mine disappeared :(. Blue pearls did great, but RCS, not so much.

Becca

Members
I will try my luck with a group of 6 please. What do the blue shrimp look like?

Drew

http://www.planetinverts.com/Blue Pearl Shrimp.html

There are varying degrees of intensity of the color - they're not anything super special, but they are blue.

They can hybridize and make ugly brown shrimp when mixed with other Neocaridina species (Red Cherry Shrimp, Rili Shrimp, etc.). They like plants and eat algae, mostly. I grow out fry in their tank and they also like grindal worms... piggies.