• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Airline tubing & valves

Becca

Members
If anyone has a spool of airline tubing they're looking to part with, let me know :)!

I'd like to rig up my quarantine/grow-out tanks with "taps" that I can use to drip acclimate, drain water, etc. I *think* I can do this by setting up a semi-permanent small-scale siphon tube using airline tubing and one of those valves that increase/decrease what's getting through - plus maybe some suction cups or something to keep it mounted... Maybe even some PVC u bends...

Yes, this means water will drain VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY slowly, but that's fine. Baby fish are less likely to get sucked up by something little and I'm less likely to end up with a puddle of fish on the floor when I get distracted by a dog/baby/felony in progress on my front stoop and forget I'm draining a fish tank.

verbal

CCA Members
You might want to check out the Miniature Bulkhead hose barbs at jehmco.com. Also that would be a good source for a roll of airline tubing.

daninmd

Members
I have done exactly that before with the air line tubing to acclimating SW fish. But I just set it up each time I needed it. I didn't use a valve, just a clothes pin - pending on where you place the tube in the clothes pin it either squeezes a little or a lot - which controlled the flow.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Becca,

How much airline tubing do you need? (LF?)

I have a roll and can bust you off some.

Tony

Becca

Members
For now... maybe 9-12 feet. I only have 2 tanks I'm looking to try this on in the immediate future since I've got some fish coming from Josh I'm going to need to be REALLY CAREFUL with... eek!

I can buy at an LFS, but you know, if you want to sell a bit, I won't mind ;-). If you have a couple control valves you want to sell with it, too... saves me a trip in my cr*ppy rental car.

Tony

Don't have any extra valves, but have somewhere between 9-12 feet of airline tubing for you. :)

Becca

Members
Awesome - let me know what you want for it :)... money, plants, a puddle of baby drool, extra fluffy dog hair...

Tony

Awesome - let me know what you want for it :)... money, plants, a puddle of baby drool, extra fluffy dog hair...

As tempted as the extra fluffy dog hair is, if you have a coupe of stems of something neat (not a bunch), I'll bite. Have tons of airline, so no big deal. :)