• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB - 1 or 2 buckets of very small gravel

tremper

Members
I am in desperate need of a bucket or two of small gravel. Earth tone preferred. Does anyone have something sitting around in the basement?

Similar in size to the photo below would be great. I will be at the meeting Saturday

51dLXzaM6kL__SX425_.jpg

51dLXzaM6kL__SX425_.jpg

Becca

Members
I have a bag I can bring you. Wish you'd been looking for this stuff in November - I ended up tossing a bunch.

You can just have it, unless you feel compelled to give me something in exchange. Honestly, I managed to spill some of it in my storage bin and I was so mad at it that I almost threw it out last week.

tremper

Members
Thanks Becca, I'll take anything anyone has..... My dominant featherfin male has over the past 2 months moved ALL of the gravel onto his nesting site. The photo is rot and doesn't represent well at all.... The tank is 3' tall and the nest on the left is 14" high!

Becca

Members
Sheesh - I wish I still had the gravel I tossed when we moved. it was big-ish pea gravel that I got at home depot. Slightly larger than peas, actually, more like lima bean sized. At least that would be harder for him to move.

tremper

Members
It's a O Nasuta "Kipili Gold".... quite nice.... Man the tank is disgusting as I use it to sink wood so it is quite tannin heavy, and I don't seem able to imbed an image into the link wo first uploading to a website somewhere....

Here is a link to the tank when it was clean!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ft-IcQfuno

Thanks for the kind thoughts becca....

Becca

Members
That's a gorgeous tank. I could waste a whole day in front of that tank - it's mesmerizing.

Would pool filter sand be of any use? I have a mostly-full bag that you could have for $5.

tremper

Members
Thanks for the compliment but no thanks on the sand Becca.... I recently changed that tank from sand to gravel, that was no fun!

Jmty

Members
i got 5 gallons of black small rocks, and becca if the sand still for grabs i'll take it.

tremper

Members
Jose, rocks or gravel? The gravel I'm looking for is about half the size or a dried pea. It's pretty small.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I might have something that size, Joe. Let me check tonight.

Becca

Members
Jose, rocks or gravel? The gravel I'm looking for is about half the size or a dried pea. It's pretty small.

If color doesn't matter (if black is OK) I have 30 ish lbs of CaribSea EcoComplete black - it's a fine-grade, normally used for planted aquariums. I think it's in the garage. It's left from when I swapped to PFS in the 29 gallon.

Could give you that for $10, if you want it. It's good stuff.

tremper

Members
Guys, I was kind of hoping to go with something in the earth tone range, not pure black as I have very light beige in the tank now and am looking to add to it, not replace...... no browns? I love browns!

Sped89

Members
Think I've got two buckets out in the shed of what's in the pic. I'll run out to the shed after work tomorrow and check if you would like.