• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

World Cup!

frankoq

Members
Slightly off topic....why is their nickname Ticos, my friend from Honduras calls then that too?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

just about every one in countries in central america have a "nick name" based on their country of origin.
Costa Rica = Ticos
El Salvador = Guanacos (my country)
Guatemala = Chapines
Honduras = Catrachos
Nicaragua = ??? I forgot

Localzoo

Board of Directors
just about every one in countries in central america have a "nick name" based on their country of origin.
Costa Rica = Ticos
El Salvador = Guanacos (my country)
Guatemala = Chapines
Honduras = Catrachos
Nicaragua = ??? I forgot

Lol I know just always interested in the why... Did you see El Salvador play USA 2013 at ravens stadium?
A few of us went and we stayed for both games we saw Honduras beat Costa Rica and USA beat El Salvador... The crowd was awesome they self policed each other. So awesome to see camaraderie in the heat of battle...
What would you call a Dominican/British person? Lol I speak English without an accent and can speak Spanish with a Dominican accent lol similar to Cubans or Puerto Ricans. (Learnt my accent to stop people from calling me gringo when I visit family lol)
Not to go off but I know they say "es un apodo de cariño" just like calling someone fat "mi gordito" is not always an insult or "morena" is not bad either...usually used to describe a very beautiful darker woman.

Back to the Cup
Algeria...Gotta support my friend
Nigeria vs France?

frankoq

Members
Sweet where did you sit lol we were pretty close to the field. wife was 8 month pregnant and did not want to miss the US game...crazy.

I don't remember the section but we were close and under shade.
I did not stay for the second game.

I'll be back to that stadium for the Raven's opening game. :D

ddavila06

Members
We made it! if you saw the game omg...so close, so tight, so uncool that Messi could not even get close to kick the ball...! 120+minutes later, the miracle!!!

Localzoo

Board of Directors
We made it! if you saw the game omg...so close, so tight, so uncool that Messi could not even get close to kick the ball...! 120+minutes later, the miracle!!!

Yea just saw the last part it was insane...Swiss off the post with 2min left in overtime but no rebuttal. Congrats!
As for Messi he hasn't played all that well lately...:(