• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wife Wants A Shark....

longstocking

Members
I really don't think it's fair to any type of shark to put them in a tank.... even the national aquarium ! If you get a chance to see them in the wild naturally you would understand why.

Why not pay for the both of you to get scuba certified instead? Then every year you can go to NC and dive with them on the wrecks down there. This seems much more reasonable and probably more budget friendly. Plus... when you go on vacation you always have something neat to do.

They are incredicble creatures.... they remind me of snakes on land.

If you are really set on doing this I would suggest to make the tank out on concrete ( I know someone that could help you with this :lol: ). Much more structurally sound.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Sarah, thanks for the reply. After I did some researching and the wife saw how big the tank would have to be she changed her mind. I think I'm gonna try a DIY tank, but not that

big. I've been diving once in a freshwater lake, went spearfishing. It was totally amazing, unfortunately I have sinus problems and can't clear the pressure. It took 20 minutes for

me to get down to 25 ft, and when I came up I thought I was gonna die!!!! I was in a complete state of vertigo on the way up, felt like I was spinning around in a whirlpool, I kept my

cool till I broke the surface and then I laid on my back and commensed to freaking out!!! My wife can't swim at all, I've tried to teach her but she's just to afraid to trust herself, or

me for that matter.