• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

who had some nice pick ups at the saturdays meeting?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
man! was the auction loaded with some sweet deals and steals or what! i grabbed a few nice pick ups that im sure will be lovely grow outs as well as a few juvies. tell us what your best buy was ? i believe mine was a toss up between some pseudotropheus @5.00 for 3 and then a bag full of misc afras and cichlids for a 1.00. De'Vahn (my son) was really excited at all the fish. he did a great job of making sure everyone got home unsmushed as he put it.:p

iamzrad

Members
Bag of 15+ cherry shrimp for $5 :)

I had a list of things I would bid on, but only had a chance on a couple.
Really wanted those Bolivian Rams, but the price was too high when bidding ended.

longstocking

Members
I wanted the kilesa. It's always the bag I want that goes for high prices :(

My best buy at the meeting was actually racheals snails.... I freakn love them.

Lively

Members
I'm seriously thinking of getting some of those snails to try out on my sunny dempsey tank - just scraped a bunch of that hard green algae off it.

I wanted the rams, too. They were lovely. Who ended up with them? No tank space stopped me from bidding.

Lively

Members
Hit post too quickly!

I had to leave early - unexpected company at the house. Who got those fantastic green cory's? They were awesome. I need a tank that isn't a breeding tank for something like that, though. When we do the basement and a true show tank I want some of those in it!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I got some aspidoras albater and some pseudomugil ivantsoffi which I am SUPER stoked about. Also picked up some ameca splendens to breed which I am pleased wiht. My big score of the day was a trade with George, dwarf blue crays. I am ectastic. Its been quite awhile since I had a critter that was totally new to me and I couldn't be happier with my purchases and trades at the meeting. I was on a fishy high all night!

Sonny Disposition

Not just "some Pseudotropheus!" :mad:A reverse trio of Pseudotropheus sp. "long pelvic," probably the Gallireya population.

Make sure you give them a lot of hiding places. Don't separate the males--while they're beating up on each other, they'll leave the female alone. Good luck with them, D.Q.

Splongpelvic.jpg

man! was the auction loaded with some sweet deals and steals or what! i grabbed a few nice pick ups that im sure will be lovely grow outs as well as a few juvies. tell us what your best buy was ? i believe mine was a toss up between some pseudotropheus @5.00 for 3 and then a bag full of misc afras and cichlids for a 1.00. De'Vahn (my son) was really excited at all the fish. he did a great job of making sure everyone got home unsmushed as he put it.:p

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Not just "some Pseudotropheus!" :mad:A reverse trio of Pseudotropheus sp. "long pelvic," probably the Gallireya population.

Make sure you give them a lot of hiding places. Don't separate the males--while they're beating up on each other, they'll leave the female alone. Good luck with them, D.Q.

Splongpelvic.jpg
my apologies BOB! a thousand pardons so please forgive me!:p i will take good care of them too. i even got them something to hide in @ the auction. they have adjusted and coloured up nicely.;)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
My best pick ups weren't from the auction. I saw some fish go for great prices though, so I know plenty of people got good deals. My pre-order from Daves fish, 50 lbs of black sand from Longstocking, and a dehumidifer from Gerard made me a happy man.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Who brought the Rock Kribs to the meet?

I think I know who brought these but I don't think he's on the forum. I bought some vics from him at another meeting. He's in Alexandria I think. I could probably find his email address if you have a specific question or are looking for more.

Jumbie

Members
I got some aspidoras albater and some pseudomugil ivantsoffi which I am SUPER stoked about. Also picked up some ameca splendens to breed which I am pleased wiht. My big score of the day was a trade with George, dwarf blue crays. I am ectastic. Its been quite awhile since I had a critter that was totally new to me and I couldn't be happier with my purchases and trades at the meeting. I was on a fishy high all night!

Yeah I was fish high all night, I couldn't get over the great speaker and the corydoras that I scored from the auction. I couldn’t believe the prices that some fish went for including some of the fish that got...we were practically steeling the fish from the auction:lol::happy0100::love0030: lol lol lol.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
We need to start planning beers and munchies after teh meeting too :D Its hard to have conversations when you are focused on the speaker then the auction! I can't wait for the bbq

Jumbie

Members
We need to start planning beers and munchies after teh meeting too :D Its hard to have conversations when you are focused on the speaker then the auction! I can't wait for the bbq

Kevin and I were talking about that it like there is just nout enought time a the meeting to talk fish with everyone. I can't to have a full day of it at the BBQ!!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I would like to suggest a ribs...beer...fish combo night @ wild buffalo bar and grill. we can socialize, eat, and talk fish for as long as we wish. I swear these ribs are the best I've had in the area. puts famous daves and bare bones to shame. I'm open any evening after 6. its a long time till septembers meeting and everyone can't make the bbq from what I'm reading and hearing. just an idea to put out to the cca family.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I think I know who brought these but I don't think he's on the forum. I bought some vics from him at another meeting. He's in Alexandria I think. I could probably find his email address if you have a specific question or are looking for more.
I did get your PM too, can you find his e-mail. I may be in the market for some.

iamzrad

Members
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the freebees from Prince!!!
Thanks for the tetra's.
Sadly, I had to put some down. They had white spots and I did not want to contaminate my community tank.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I would like to suggest a ribs...beer...fish combo night @ wild buffalo bar and grill. we can socialize, eat, and talk fish for as long as we wish. I swear these ribs are the best I've had in the area. puts famous daves and bare bones to shame. I'm open any evening after 6. its a long time till septembers meeting and everyone can't make the bbq from what I'm reading and hearing. just an idea to put out to the cca family.
Agreed those ribs are the best!