• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Which T5HO bulbs should I use?

Diogenes

Members
I am converting a planted tank to a cryptoheros tank. I won't be planting it. Right now, unplanted, when I turn on the lights everything in the tank hides from the 31watt 6700 and 10000k bulbs that are in there. For reasons I won't go into I have a couple of color max bulbs, more of these two spectrum bulbs, and an actinic bulb.

What would be the best combo in a dual tube light bar for an unplanted tank?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
No planted- why? Regardless, without plants, reduce the light to help reduce the potential algae. For bulbs, try the colormax. I find it only makes certain fish look nice, but it is a dimmer bulb which will make fish feel more comfortable. Otherwise, try one of the double bulbs. By double, is it a 50/50? I think they look really nice for many fish with red, blue or yellow.

Since they are 31 watt lamps that makes it a Coralife HO T5 dual fixture. They are the only company that makes 31 watt lamps that go the whole length of a 30" fixture. Everyone else makes do with a 22" 24 watt HO T5 lamp. I should know as I helped develop that fixture.
Personally I would go with one Colormax and one 6700K lamp. That is what I am using on my Discus tank and they look great and are very comfortable with it.
Andy

Diogenes

Members
Since they are 31 watt lamps that makes it a Coralife HO T5 dual fixture. They are the only company that makes 31 watt lamps that go the whole length of a 30" fixture. Everyone else makes do with a 22" 24 watt HO T5 lamp. I should know as I helped develop that fixture.
Personally I would go with one Colormax and one 6700K lamp. That is what I am using on my Discus tank and they look great and are very comfortable with it.
Andy

yeah thats the strip. coralife T5HO 31watt DUAL 30". It's a pretty sweet fixture except for when it stopped working. Thanks for the tip.