• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Where's the allegiance to New World species? Bolivian Rams to trade.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Africa, Africa, Africa. Go figure. Have about 50 1"-2" F1 Rams to barter that are spry, ravenous and ready for adventure. Not the most exotic species perhaps but fairly marvelous in their own right and beautifully colored. Generally boisterous only with their own kind, so an excellent community species unlike our own. Anyway (just teasing about all those Lake species)[No he's not, where's the love?!]{Don't listen to them, I are both mad}, was going to boost them to a pet store for credit but that's not nearly as much fun (or considerate) as making them generally available without the needless and profligate involvement of indifferent middlemen. Am not looking to 'make bank' so much as perhaps acquire something of use, real or imagined. Interested in very wee power heads, thermometers (not the crappy stick-on kind), a light for a five gallon tank or a serviceable one for a 24", orphaned glass tops, dinky but quiet air pumps, anubias, Corys, Apistos, etc. or even homemade pie, organic produce, houseplants or cut flowers provided they have a fragrance.

Whatever, if you want some Rams, plenty right here in the NW part (Columbia Heights/Adams-Morgan) of DC, the largest city in North America without an aquarium shop that isn't completely broke down or a Pets-R-Us-Untilandunlessyourefoolishenoughotopaythroughthenosetotakethemhome outlet.

Now who's got some cool Apistos or Corys that have spawned? Mine are mostly still juveniles, but one of these days...

mchambers

Former CCA member
Trade

Africa, Africa, Africa. Go figure. Have about 50 1"-2" F1 Rams to barter that are spry, ravenous and ready for adventure. Not the most exotic species perhaps but fairly marvelous in their own right and beautifully colored. Generally boisterous only with their own kind, so an excellent community species unlike our own. Anyway (just teasing about all those Lake species)[No he's not, where's the love?!]{Don't listen to them, I are both mad}, was going to boost them to a pet store for credit but that's not nearly as much fun (or considerate) as making them generally available without the needless and profligate involvement of indifferent middlemen. Am not looking to 'make bank' so much as perhaps acquire something of use, real or imagined. Interested in very wee power heads, thermometers (not the crappy stick-on kind), a light for a five gallon tank or a serviceable one for a 24", orphaned glass tops, dinky but quiet air pumps, anubias, Corys, Apistos, etc. or even homemade pie, organic produce, houseplants or cut flowers provided they have a fragrance.

Whatever, if you want some Rams, plenty right here in the NW part (Columbia Heights/Adams-Morgan) of DC, the largest city in North America without an aquarium shop that isn't completely broke down or a Pets-R-Us-Untilandunlessyourefoolishenoughotopaythroughthenosetotakethemhome outlet.

Now who's got some cool Apistos or Corys that have spawned? Mine are mostly still juveniles, but one of these days...
Those rams sound interesting. I might want a pair. I've got lots and lots of young panda corys, if you're interested. I had four adults last fall, but they've been breeding like rabbits, so I now have 30 or 40.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I would be interested as well. I have panda cories too, as well as some apisto fry that is not quite ready to trade yet (cacautoides "orange") and many many invertebrates, plants, and other fish.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Ram on

Cool. If I can make the next meeting will take a poll of who wants some and just bring them along. Just for reference, do meetings generally involve a spontaneous swap meet/potlatch element or is it more organized (and potentially less interesting) than that? Also, what's typical attendance?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
we usually have around 70-100 people at each meeting. Alot of people do swap/sell before hand. There is a speaker, then a raffle and refreshments, then a large "mini" auction.

ddavila06

Members
i must admit that reading your intro to rams was quite funny :D i already have some just felt like commenting :D