• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Where to find the best 60" T5 Bulbs?

madcobra216

Members
Hi everybody,

I have a 72 inch Light fixture that uses 60" T5 bulbs. To my surprise, the Color Max bulbs that I love so much, are not readily available locally. I am contemplating buying them online but the options in that length are limited & also pricey & I read alot of negative reviews on the ones that are available.

If I can't find a nice bright color max bulb im afraid I will have to sacrifice & go with LED, which means more money. PLEASE send me your suggestions on any reasonable 60" T5 bubls.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sorry I can't help with a good suggestion, but I know that there are a lot of lighting supply houses on the internet. Maybe check with the folks over at GWAPA. The planted tank folks are much better when it comes to give advice about lighting. Maybe they know of a good place to purchase bulbs.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've had great experiences getting bulbs from Ken's Fish! It's rare to find a cheaper price out there. He wrapped my bulbs bubble wrap then packed them into cardboard shipping tubes with airbags on each end. All of his shipments are exceptionally packed. You can verify it with Beeman, he's in the shipping industry.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rsretep

Members
I would suggest Aquatraders, I buy my compact fluorescents from them, but not sure about 60" but worth a look....