• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What looks like ich, but isn't?

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
My son the aquariast (how quaint) has recommended Nitrofurazone for treating infections - it will turn your water yellow. Look for it in over the counter meds, should be listed as active ingredient.

Beneficial bacteria, I'm guessing. Probably should be microbes and not bacteria, since it may not be bacteria that breaks down the ammonia and nitrites.

I've used methylene blue as an antifungal and haven't noticed a problem with my biological filter.

Correct

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
As of today, I've probably lost about half of the batch. It's hard to say because there are so many snails in that tank that corpses disappear before I get a chance to see them.

Some look like they're improving. Heading to Petsmart today to see what they've got on their meds rack.

On another dull note - Lost my male EB ram. He spontaneously bloated up and died. Female looks great, male looks dead. Also really strange for fish that have been spawning every month since they generally don't do that if they're not healthy. Grrrr. I don't even use the same WC equipment on my tanks anymore and the two tanks get filled with different water, so it can't be related, but it's still freakin' annoying.

Jmty

Members
Did you put new fish in that tank,i introduced new fry of another plecos into a tank with plecos fry = massive dead, by a fish guru, i did disturb the parameters some how , if he was telling me the truth or just stopping me for asking q. Idk. But maybe and answer to your dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
Did you put new fish in that tank,i introduced new fry of another plecos into a tank with plecos fry = massive dead, by a fish guru, i did disturb the parameters some how , if he was telling me the truth or just stopping me for asking q. Idk. But maybe and answer to your dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nope. No new fish added to any tanks since Aquamania.

Becca

Members
As of this morning, the two surviving baby plecos that I can find (there may be a few more, but not many) look spot-free. All 3 angels that were in the tank look great and, miraculously, the meds have not killed the shrimp in the tank.

I administered one last treatment today (polyguard) and hopefully this thing is OVER.